Instagram is notorious for issues like “Videos Not Playing.” It can be very frustrating for users that encounter it.
The first thing to do if you realize your Instagram videos aren’t playing is to understand why this happens and ways to rectify the error, whether they occur on your mobile device or PC.
Causes of the “Instagram Videos Not Playing” Error
The “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error occurs on Android smartphones due to a wide variety of reasons, such as:
Outdated Instagram App
One of the most common reasons for the “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error on Android devices is an outdated Instagram app. It is important to update your app regularly because developers usually add new features and performance optimizations in every update.
Corrupt App Data
If your Instagram data becomes corrupted or compromised, it can cause the app to malfunction.
Power Saving Mode
The power-saving feature found on Android smartphones can restrict your app’s functionality. This can cause numerous errors on Instagram, like Instagram Videos Not Playing.
Cluttered Cache Files
Cluttered memory cache files can bloat your Instagram app, limiting new videos from loading. This is likely the cause of the “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error on your smartphone.
The “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error occurs on iPhones and iPads for numerous reasons. Read more below:
Weak or Inadequate Wi-Fi signal
If your WiFi signal or internet connection is weak or poor, it can limit Instagram videos from loading on your device.
Data is Compromised or Corrupted
A major cause for the “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error on iOS devices is compromised or corrupt data stored on the Instagram app.
When this happens, you will encounter an error whenever you play a video on the platform.
Video is Deleted or Removed
Additionally, a major reason why you may encounter an error when Instagram is loading a video is that a specific video has been removed by the user who uploaded it before you have the opportunity to view it.
Power Saving Mode
Similar to Android devices, power-saving mode on iPhones can restrict your app performance, causing it to malfunction whenever a video is loading.
The “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error can occur on PC due to numerous reasons. In this section, we will explore them.
Please note that they can be due to problems related to the PC or Instagram app, such as:
Weak Network Issues
This is a major cause of the “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error. A fast and stable network connection is important for a video to load on any website or app across the internet. Otherwise, numerous errors may occur.
Video Format is Unsupported or Incompatible
If your PC cannot process the resolution and format of the video on Instagram, it can cause the “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error.
The problem may also stem from the fact that your PC is running an outdated operating system. Another reason may be that the video is of poor quality, and your latest-model PC can’t process it.
Virus and Malware Issues
A computer that is riddled with viruses or malware is bound to malfunction. This may cause different kinds of errors on the PC, including “Instagram Videos Not Playing.”
How to Fix Instagram Videos Not Playing on PC/Desktop
This part of the article will explore ways to rectify the “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error on PC/Desktop.
Delete Your Browser Data
As we have seen, one of the major reasons why the “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error occurs is the large amount of data the site has collected which has now cluttered it.
Thus, it is important to delete or clear these cache files by doing this:
- Launch the web browser, click Menu, and then “Settings.”
- Navigate to “Advanced” > “Privacy & Security.” You can find this on the left tab.
- Move to the right and click “Clear browsing data” below the “Privacy” section.
- On the drop-down menu, choose from which specific time you want to clear your browser cache.
Reset Your Modem/Router
An important factor that can determine if your Instagram videos will load or not is your internet or WiFi connection.
Thus, you have to pay thorough attention to it. Reset your modem by following the steps below:
On your router or modem, look for the power button and press it to turn off the device. If there is no power button, an alternative is to switch off the power source it is connected to.
It is important to avoid pressing the “Reset” button as it will immediately revert the device to its factory default settings.
Next, disconnect your router since you have used the power button to turn it off.
If you have a modem plugged into your router, ensure you remove it as well as other cords or channels that are used to set up your network.
Wait patiently for a minimum of thirty minutes.
Connect everything, power up your router and hold on for a minute.
The waiting period is essential because it will help your router to set up a good connection with your network provider.
Once you have done this, your device will successfully have internet access automatically when it is connected to the router.
If you still encounter issues, navigate to your WIFI settings and try reconnecting.
Reboot Your Computer/PC
A good way to fix the Instagram Videos Not Playing error is to reboot your PC, as it will clear your RAM cache and reset the entire Instagram video loading process.
Let’s explore how to reboot your PC on Windows 8 and 10:
- Click on “Start”
- Navigate to either the upper or lower end of your screen (depending on whether you are using Windows 8 or 10) and select the power option.
- Next, click “Restart.”
Do a Network Settings Reset
A good network is very important for streaming and video playing across the internet.
Thus, if your video fails to load due to a bad network connection, a great way to fix this is to do a network settings reset on your PC. Here’s how:
- Click “Settings” and then navigate to “Network & Internet.”
- Next, click “Status” > “Network reset.”
- Click “Reset now.”
- Lastly, choose the “Yes” option. Your PC will reboot, and you will have to check if the issue has been fixed.
How to Fix Instagram Videos Not Playing on Mobile Devices
In this section, we will show you how to resolve the “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error on your mobile device, whether iOS or Android.
Clear the App Cache File
The Instagram app stores data known as cookies and cache. However, they may become compromised or damaged with time.
Thus, it is usually a good idea to delete them now and then. Here’s how to do it:
- Navigate to “Settings”
- Then, tap on “iPhone Storage” > “General.”
- Tap the Instagram app icon. Proceed to the next section and locate and select the “Offload App” option.
- You can begin by selecting “Settings” from your device menu and tapping “Apps & notifications.”
- Navigate to “Instagram,” tap “Storage,” and lastly, select “Clear Cache” & “Clear Data.”
Reinstall or update the Instagram app
You can fix the “Instagram Videos Not Playing” error on your mobile device by reinstalling or updating the app. However, the steps differ depending on your brand or model.
- Access “Settings.” Next, select “General” > “Storage & iCloud Usage”
- Navigate to the “Storage” section and tap “Manage Storage.” Then, locate Instagram and select “Delete App.”
- Once you have deleted the app, you can reinstall or update it from the Apple App store.
For Android device users, here’s how to remove and reinstall your Instagram app.
- Access “Settings” and navigate to “Applications” > “Manage Applications.”
- Next, select “Instagram” and remove the app by tapping “Uninstall.”
- Lastly, access the Google Play Store to install the latest version of Instagram. Tap the “Update” button.
Do a Network Reset
Since we have learned that a good network is a prerequisite for online videos, it is important to reset your device network settings.
- Navigate to your device’s “Settings.”
- Next, tap “Backup & Reset.”
- Then select “Reset Network Settings.”
- Access “Settings” on your phone.
- Select the “General” button
- Select “Reset” > “Reset Network Settings.”
- Input your password, and then ensure you confirm or finalize your reset by selecting the “Reset Network Settings” button.
Turn Off Your Device’s Power-Saving Mode
Power saving mode is important for prolonging the battery life of your device.
However, it can limit your device’s performance on apps like Instagram. Thus, turning off the power saving mode may help fix the “Fix Instagram Videos Not Playing” error.
- Access your device “Settings” and tap “Battery.”
- Then select “Battery Saver,” and lastly, toggle off the battery saver option.
- Navigate to your device menu and select “Battery.”
- Thus, turn off the “Low Power Mode” button.
Fix Instagram Videos Not Playing FAQs
Why don’t videos automatically load on Instagram?
One of the most common reasons why videos don’t automatically load on Instagram is that the internet connection is poor. Thus, the best way to fix this is to change your WiFi or data connection.
Why can’t my video play online?
Some reasons why your online video is not playing on your mobile device include the following:
- Corrupt cache files.
- Outdated Android OS
- Poor Internet connection
- A glitch in the media player
In this article, we explored ways to fix the Instagram videos not playing issue on different devices (iOS, Android & PC).
Hopefully, this will get your Instagram to perfect working condition. Share this article with your friends and loved ones using the social media button below.
- How to Fix This Story is No Longer Available on Instagram
- Why Can’t I Deactivate my Instagram Account?
- Instagram Oops an Error Occurred? Here’s Why & The Fix
- How to Disable Instagram From Auto-Saving Photos to Camera Roll