It can be frustrating when you want to get rid of an Instagram account and can seem to find how to delete your Instagram account permanently without log in.
Perhaps you have forgotten your Instagram login details and don’t have the old phone you created the Instagram account.
This guide will teach you how to delete your Instagram account permanently without login, password, email or username.
There is a higher chance that Instagram user can forget their login details or lose access to their account, hence, the reason behind the knowledge base resources by Instagram.
Without further delay, let’s dive into how to gain access to your Instagram account and permanently delete the account.
Instagram Account Recovery Items
The major items needed by Instagram to recover lost access details include:
- Mobile Phone Number
- Email Address
However, other major sites like the mailing company – Gmail and Yahoo as well as dating sites like Tinder and Hinge may require you to provide answers to the security questions you added to your account.
Perhaps, you have forgotten your Instagram username, password, and email address, as well as the mobile number that was used in creating your Instagram account, the good news is that you can still gain access to your Instagram without login.
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently Without Login
Here’s how to permanently delete your Instagram account without login on your computer or mobile.
Recover Your Instagram Login Password
If you still got your phone number used in creating your Instagram account, there is a higher chance that you can still recover your access.
Here is how to recover your Instagram login and delete your account permanently:
- Launch your browser and visit www.instagram.com
- Enter your old Instagram login details ( username & password). If you are not sure, enter the one you probably think it is
- This will not log you into your Instagram account as the details are not accurate. However, it will request that you recover your Instagram password
- Click on “Forget Password”
- Tap Continue
- Proceed to insert your mobile phone number used during account creation
- A recovery code will be sent to your mobile number via SMS. Copy and paste the code in the section provided.
Once you complete this successfully, go ahead to change your password and make sure to save it somewhere you can find it.
How to Delete your Instagram Account after Password Recovery
Now, you have recovered your Instagram login details, here’s how to delete your Instagram account permanently step by step:
- Log in to your Instagram account with the username and new password.
- Navigate to the Instagram delete your account page.
- On the page, you will be asked why you want to delete your Instagram account permanently.
- Select the reason from the drop-down.
- Then tap permanently delete my account to complete the process.
- Re-enter your password to verify that the account is yours.
Congratulations!!! Your Instagram account has been successfully deleted.
Report Your Old Instagram Account as Fake
Reporting your old Instagram account as fake is how you can also delete your Instagram account permanently. Here’s how to report your old Instagram account as fake:
- Navigate to your profile
- Click on three horizontal lines on the profile
- Tap on “Report”
- On the next page, select “Report Account” and you will best be asked, “why are you reporting this account?”
- Click on” It’s pretending to be someone else”
- You’re done.
While this may not permanently delete your Instagram account, it you offer your other presence on the platform.
Use Instagram Help Centre
The other way to delete your Instagram account is to use the Instagram Help Centre.
Here’s how to access the Instagram Help Centre:
- Launch your web browser and visit the Instagram Help Centre
- Follow the step-by-step guide provided to permanently delete your Instagram account.
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently Without Login Using Mobile
It is important to note that you cannot delete your Instagram account from the mobile app.
However, here’s how to delete your Instagram account without login in using iPhone or Android mobile device.
- Log in to the Instagram Delete Your Account Page from the mobile browser. You will be required to log in to Instagram via the web if you are not already logged in.
- On the drop-down menu, select the reason why you want to permanently delete your Instagram account.
- Re-enter your Instagram account password.
- You will see Permanently Delete my Account once you select the reason.
- Click Permanently Delete my Account
Congratulations!!! Your Instagram account has been permanently deleted.
FAQs on How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently Without Login
Will my Instagram Account be Deleted if I don’t use it?
Yes, Instagram tends to weed out accounts that have been found to be inactive for a prolonged period of time.
If you are not that active on Instagram, as much as possible, log in and engage with content by dropping likes and comments.
Does Instagram Delete Deactivated Accounts After 30 Days?
Can I Temporarily Deactivate my Instagram for a Year?
Yes, Instagram allows users to temporarily disable their accounts. During this period, Instagram will hide the user’s profile, photos, videos, comments and likes until the account is reactivated back.
You can also request that the account be deleted permanently, after 90 days, Instagram will completely remove your profile.
What Happens to Instagram Direct Messages When You Temporarily Disable your Account?
While your account is temporarily disabled, you cannot access your Instagram direct message. However, once you log back into your Instagram account, you will once again have access to all of your messages.
We hope that this guide helps you with how you can permanently delete your Instagram account without login.
Don’t forget to bookmark and share this page with friends and family that might need this at one point or the other.