Are you interested in accessing someone’s message on Whatsapp even if you have blocked the person?
Do you want to learn how to retrieve blocked messages on WhatsApp?
You are in the right place; we will explore some of these questions in this blog.
We will focus on all the effective ways you can retrieve WhatsApp messages.
So do your best to read the article till the end and do a complete review of the content, and in no time, you will be able to retrieve blocked Whatsapp messages without hassle.
How to Retrieve Blocked Messages on WhatsApp
In this section, we will explore four techniques you can use to retrieve blocked WhatsApp messages.
All of them are explained in an easy step-by-step format. So let’s explain them in detail:
Recover Blocked WhatsApp messages with iMyFone ChatsBack
iMyFone ChatsBack is a powerful software that helps in data recovery for all categories of WhatsApp files.
It is rich in sophisticated features that can retrieve and generate different data types like CSV/Excel, HTML and PDF files.
ChatsBack easily recovers deleted files in unique cases.
If there is a situation where you want to access messages from contacts that you have added to your blocklist, the tool is reliable and highly functional.
The steps below will guide you through the process. Ensure you have high-speed internet access during the process.
- Access iMyFone ChatsBack on your Desktop PC or Laptop; Select Device Storage from the first page and dashboard.
- Next, sync your mobile device to your Desktop PC or Laptop with a USB cord. Select Next. The software will scan your phone.
- You may have to wait a bit for the scan to be completed. Next, you will see the entire retrieved data displayed on your PC screen. Then click on the data you wish to access to be restored on your smartphone or your PC. You can select the Recover to PC or Recover to Device option.
Recover Blocked WhatsApp Messages using WhatsApp Archive
The Whatsapp Archive feature can assist in limiting message notifications.
It is also easy to access messages via Archive and retrieve them. No need for complicated tools or backup.
- On the upper part of your screen in the Chats section, you will access the Archive feature. It consists of your entire archived contacts. Select this feature and tap on any contact.
- You will see an Unarchive option; select it, and the contact will move back to your default list of contacts.
- With this, you will finally access notifications and messages. This will instantly unblock your message notification from that contact.
Retrieve blocked WhatsApp messages using Google Drive
Google Drive is the default method for backing up your WhatsApp messages.
To find the chat record of a blocked contact on Whatsapp, all you have to do is retrieve your WhatsApp messages using Google Drive.
However, this will only work if you routinely back up your WhatsApp messages to Google Drive.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your mobile device.
- Navigate to the App Store or Google Play Store and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Launch the newly installed WhatsApp.
- Verify your phone number.
- When asked, retrieve your messages via Google Drive.
Once the data retrieval process has been completed, find out if you can see the blocked messages.
If this isn’t the case, we recommend that you unblock the contact and request that they resend those messages.
Even though this can be awkward, it is effective. Or, use a data recovery tool to recover your blocked WhatsApp messages.
Recover blocked WhatsApp messages with Data Recovery Tool on Android Devices
If you can’t find your blocked WhatsApp messages and haven’t backed up your data.
A fast and efficient way of retrieving your blocked WhatsApp is by using a data recovery tool. It provides the opportunity to restore lost data without using backup files.
Regardless of the time frame of the data loss, the data recovery tool is highly effective and can totally allow you to access missing files and data.
- Sync your Android smartphone to your PC.
- Enable your USB debugging option.
- Click on WhatsApp and WhatsApp files as well as other preferred data types.
- Select Next to start scanning your device.
- Preview and restore scanned messages to your chosen files.
Important WhatsApp Techniques to Know
How to Block Contacts on WhatsApp
Blocking a WhatsApp contact is quick and easy using a single process.
- Navigate to WhatsApp settings.
- Then select Account and then Privacy. This will lead you to the blocked contacts section.
- You will find your blocked contact list. In the upper right section, tap the Add option. This will display your WhatsApp contacts.
- Tap the one you wish to block. After this, the contact will be added to your list of blocked contacts.
How to Block WhatsApp Messages
You can block messages from specific contacts by first directly blocking them.
- To do this, navigate to WhatsApp settings, select Account, and then tap Privacy. You will see a list of blocked contacts.
- You will see an “Add” button in the upper right corner. This will allow you to add anyone from your contacts to the list of blocked contacts.
Alternatively, you can access your chat session with the contact you wish to block.
In the upper part of the screen, you will find a hamburger icon. Select it and tap block. Another method of discarding your contact’s message is to use the archive message.
How to Know if You Have Been Reported or Blocked on WhatsApp?
There are no sure signs that you have been blocked on WhatsApp unless the contact informs you.
WhatsApp won’t notify you, and there’s no feature that lets you access a list of people who have blocked you. However, there are signs that show that you have been blocked.
- No visible date and time of the last login.
- No profile picture.
- No double blue tick
- You can’t make calls to the contact
- The contact can’t be added to a group
On WhatsApp, when someone blocks you, it will be hard for you to access some of these items on the list as well as other notifications like status.
It is at the discretion of the other party to unblock your contact, and it is limited to WhatsApp activities like file sharing, message exchange and calls.
What Next if I block Someone on WhatsApp?
Blocking is an effective way of limiting contact with that person on WhatsApp who won’t desist from sending you offensive messages.
It is a very simple tool to block a contact on WhatsApp.
After blocking a contact on Whatsapp, you will stop getting messages, calls and other kinds of content they regularly send via the platform.
Thus, the block feature should be used in extreme situations, especially when there is no iota of familiarity between you and the contact.
How to Retrieve Blocked Messages on WhatsApp FAQs
How do I retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages without using a backup?
If you are using an Android device, one of the easiest ways to retrieve WhatsApp messages without the use of a backup is through the Android Data Recovery tool.
Can I retrieve Blocked WhatsApp Messages?
Absolutely yes. This article outlines the simple methods you can use to retrieve your blocked messages without hassle.
How do I retrieve WhatsApp pictures and videos?
There are numerous ways to recover deleted WhatsApp pictures: you can check your device gallery and restore them via Google Drive or 3rd party recovery tools.
What happens to texts when someone blocks you?
If someone blocks you on WhatsApp, you will be restricted from receiving messages from them. They will also stop receiving messages from you or making calls to you via WhatsApp.
Can I chat with someone if they have blocked me?
No, not possible. If someone has blocked you, you won’t be allowed to communicate with them. Blocking entirely restricts you from getting their messages and vice versa.
Will the WhatsApp contact find out if you block and unblock them?
It is possible for a WhatsApp contact to find out if you have blocked or unblocked them.
If someone is blocked on WhatsApp, they won’t be able to access your status, send you messages or check your profile picture.
But by unblocking them, they can access all your WhatsApp-related activities, including your updates and pictures, as well as send you messages once more.
Can you check if a blocked number has attempted to chat with you?
If a blocked contact tries to chat with you, it will be unsuccessful. They won’t be notified about their blocked status, and their messages will seem as if they have been delivered.
However, you will neither receive nor be able to reply to these messages.
If someone blocks you on WhatsApp, you can’t chat, make calls, or send pictures or any media files to that contact again.
In this article, we have explained strategies on how to retrieve blocked messages on WhatsApp using a variety of simple tools.