The.edu email is an email address that’s prominently used by the students and the staff members of an institution, school, or college.
Students who get admission to USA colleges or universities usually receive this type of email for academic purposes.
The .edu emails are given to college and university students by educational institutions. This way, students get various offers and services for free.
If you’re looking for how to create a .edu email address for free even when you’re not a student, then you have come to the right place.
This guide will show you how to create a .edu email for free even if you’re not a student.
Without any further ado, let’s get started!
Why Create .edu Email Address
The .edu email address is required to access certain resources or websites at one point.
Hence, not having this type of email places you on a limitation. A very good example is, Canva which provide free access to their premium plan to students.
To claim this Canva pro, you must provide a .edu email to show that you’re truly a student.
There are many other solutions out there that will be requiring you to provide a .edu email address.
Now you can see how important it is to have a .edu email address.
Companies that Provide Free Offers on .edu Email
There are many companies that provide free offers to students through the .edu email address.
Below are some of the companies that offer free resources to students on .edu email:
Autodesk provides a lot of free software licenses for students. They’re great for the students and they can download the licenses and software for free using their .edu email account.
You can login to Autodesk’s official site, and from the drop-down menu on the right upper corner, you need to select “Education Community”.
You will be asked to provide your personal details, including your age, your email address, your country, your date of birth, your education status, and so on.
Also, you’ll also be required to fill in your credentials and college/university. You can download the free software after this.
2. Google G Suite for Education
The G Suite Education account provides 5 TB of cloud-based storage, making it easy for students to store and share their files.
Students can use the account to access all their files online or offline.
Having a Google G Suite for Education account through .edu email is one of the greatest benefits for students. It gives students an opportunity to store a limitless number of ebooks, videos, images, and other media files without bothering about the storage space.
3. Microsoft Office and Azure
Microsoft offers various free software and solutions to both students and teachers that can provide a .edu email address. This includes the popular office 365.
As a student, you can get and Microsoft Azure student account that comes with $100 free credit.
4. Amazon Prime
As a student, you can get 6 months Amazon prime free trial. This comes with various amazing deals and offers.
You will get to save up to 40% on various products.
The 6 months free trial includes all the benefits that are associated with Prime membership like free shipping, unlimited photo storage, access to Amazon library etc.
5. Github Student Developer Pack
As a student, you can request the GitHub Student Developer Pack and stand a chance to get up to $1000 free items with the pack.
With the .edu email address, you’ll get access to the source code of the most popular open-source projects on the internet.
How to Create .edu Email for Free
Below is how you can create .edu email address for free:
- Navigate to Openccc for the free .edu email address
- Click on “Create my Account”
- Fill in your information accurately if you’re a USA citizen
- If you’re not a US citizen, enter random information or use a fake address generator to create fake details about a Califonia citizen
- Next, fill in your full name. Then click ”I don’t have the middle name”, Do you have a previous name – No, Do you have a preferred name – No
- Enter your age (Must be between 20-23) to be eligible to receive an Edu email. Perhaps the personnel you created has an age beyond 23 years, reduce it
- Click “Yes, I have a social security number or taxpayer identification number” and input it from the fake details
- Proceed to put in your email address and US mobile number. Perhaps you don’t have one, you can use a phone number generator to get one. You can have the second phone number blank
- From the address that you have generated, enter the permanent street address. If it says “The street address you entered does not appear to be a valid address” then tick the box that the address has been verified
- Pick a username and password for your account. To increase the security of your account, set up a 4 digit personal identification number (PIN)
- Choose any random security question and click on create account
- Next, tap on apply now and click on any college from the list
- Enter in all other information, check all fields and tap submit my application
You will have to be patient for a couple of days, your login details will be sent to you via email. Your free .edu email address is live.
Having a .edu email address can grant you access to a lot of resources.
I hope that you can now discover how to create .edu email for free. Don’t forget to share this with your friends and community.