On TikTok, just as with other social media platforms, you can block another TikTok user thereby preventing yourself from viewing the videos and messages of the person.
At the same time, this will place a limitation on the user as it relates to viewing your content. This means that, just as you could have a TikTok user blocked, you can be blocked as well.
If you are suspecting that you have been blocked by someone, you may wish to verify if this is true. In this article, you will find out ways to know if you have been blocked by someone on TikTok.
Most of the time, people get blocked across different social media including TikTok because the person who is carrying out the action of blocking another is not comfortable with the choice of language of the user blocked.
The kind of content people generates and publish on their handle or the way they relate directly with a user on platforms where opportunities for direct messaging and contact exist can lead to a user being blocked.
However, there are other reasons why a person can block you on TikTok.
It may not be about what you say or the kind of videos you create. Sometimes, someone can block you because they are not okay with you seeing what they post.
This is common with people you have a certain level of acquaintance with. For instance, a younger sibling or a colleague at work may not wish that you see the content of their videos and be able to react to them.
Find out if you have been blocked by someone by trying to find out the answer to the questions that are explained in this article.
- 1 How to Know if Someone Blocked You on TikTok
- 2 How to Know if Someone Blocked You on TikTok FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
How to Know if Someone Blocked You on TikTok
To know if someone blocked you on TikTok, there are different ways to find out. Let’s review each of these closely.
View Previous Tags of You in Their Post?
If at any point in time, you were tagged in a post or video created by someone you feel has blocked you on TikTok, you can make use of the tag to find out if your hunch is true. To do so, the steps below will guide you.
- Go to your TikTok account by launching your TikTok app or logging into your TikTok account using a web browser.
- Locate the notification icon at the base of the page and tap on it to open previous notifications.
- Scroll through the notification and check for a post you were tagged in.
- Tap on the tag and check if you will be allowed to see that post.
If you have been blocked, you will be denied access to a post you were tagged in by the owner of that account.
Try to Follow the Person on TikTok?
You can know if you have been blocked by someone by trying to follow the person. Here is how to do this:
- Launch your TikTok account either by logging in to the website or opening the TikTok app.
- On the discover page, go to the search column and enter the username of the account.
- If and when the name appears, go to the Follow section of the account and try to see if you can send a request to follow the person.
If you have been blocked by the user, you will receive a notification that reads “You can’t follow this account due to their user privacy settings”. Hence, you will not be able to follow this person.
Check if the Person is on Your TikTok Following List?
Does the person whom you are suspecting has blocked you on TikTok follow you on TikTok? If the answer is “Yes”, you can make use of this to check if you have been blocked.
All you need to do is search your Following list on TikTok to find out if the person still constitutes the list.
Follow the steps below to find out if you have been blocked using the Following list.
- Launch the TikTok application.
- Open your profile by making a tap on the Me icon which is the profile icon. It is located at the lower right end of the page.
- On the profile page, go to the Following corner and open it.
- Search through the list of usernames of people who are following you that is displayed in the following section. Look out for the person whom you think has blocked you.
If it is true that you have been blocked, you will not find the person among the list of those who are following you on the platform.
Try to View Videos You Commented On?
If you have commented on a video created by someone you think has blocked you on TikTok, you can verify your thoughts by checking out the video you commented on.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the TikTok app or log in to your TikTok account using a web browser.
- Find the notification icon at the base of the page and tap on it to open notifications.
- Search for a comment you made on a video of the user’s account and open it by tapping on it.
- Make a trial at viewing the video you commented on.
You will not be allowed access to the video if you have been blocked by the owner of the account. You will get a notification that says “You cannot view this person’s video due to their user privacy settings”.
See Also: How to Request to Join a Live on TikTok
Check the Profile of the Person You Think has Blocked You?
Checking out the profile of someone whom you think has blocked you can help you know if of truth you have been blocked.
Here is how to check the profile of such a person.
- Launch the TikTok platform via the app or through the TikTok website using a web browser.
- Go to the discover page and enter the username of the person’s account at the search bar. Then, commence the search.
- From the result displayed, launch the account of the person by tapping on the username of the person.
- When the account page of the person is opened check out what you see on the page.
The bio and the video content generated by the account will be hidden from you if you have been blocked by the owner of the account.
How to Know if Someone Blocked You on TikTok FAQs
If I cannot access a follower’s video on TikTok, does this automatically mean I have been blocked?
That might not be the case. Yes, if you’ve been blocked by someone, you will not be able to access a video post made by the person.
However, it is possible due to a malfunction for you to not have access to a video without being blocked.
You can check if the person is still on your list of followers to confirm if you have been blocked.
Can I be blocked if I do not have a TikTok account?
A random person who is viewing a TikTok video without owning an account, such a person cannot be blocked. You can only block people who have a TikTok account on TikTok.
If you suspect that you have been blocked by a TikToker, the chances that this is true exists.
You can confirm this by checking the accessibility of their videos to you or find out if they are still among those following you on the platform.
When you find out the truth that you have been blocked, there is little that you can do.
If you do not engage in abusive activities or other things that might make a user uncomfortable, then, their reason(s) for blocking you is most likely about them.
However, if you are in the habit of using abusive, or disrespecting a fellow TikToker, desist from it as it can lead to your TikTok account being banned if you are reported to the operators of the platform.