If you use Facebook and Instagram for business, you will likely have your Facebook linked to Instagram.
Perhaps if you want to control the amount of information shared between both platforms, you might want to disconnect your Facebook from Instagram.
That brings us to the question, how do you unlink Facebook from Instagram?
In this article, I will guide you on how to unlink Facebook from Instagram without glitches.
See also: How to Link Instagram to Facebook
Can I Unlink Facebook From Instagram?
Yes. Just the same way you’re able to link your Instagram account to Facebook, you can also unlink it.
In the simple steps below, you can unlink IG from FB.
How to Unlink Facebook From Instagram on App
When you link your Instagram account to Facebook, you are able to cross-post easily.
Some of the benefits is being able to share posts from Instagram to your Facebook profile and pages.
You can also share your Instagram stories and reels directly to Facebook stories and reels platforms, respectively.
However, if you have concerns with your privacy, you may decide to unlink Instagram from Facebook.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Launch your Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Click on your profile icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Next, click on the Menu icon (the three-line bar on iOS and the 3-dot on Android) in the top-right section.
- Click on Settings.
- Proceed to click on Accounts Center.
- Next, click on Accounts & profiles.
- Then choose the Facebook account you want to unlink from Instagram.
- Click Remove from Accounts Center.
- A confirmation notification will be displayed. Click Continue
- Click Remove [account name]
That’s it. Your Facebook account is now unlinked from Instagram.
How to Unlink Facebook From Instagram on Browser
If you’re accessing Instagram from your computer, you can also unlink your Facebook from Instagram.
The steps are similar to when you’re on a smartphone.
To unlink Facebook from Instagram on your desktop, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Instagram account on desktop.
- Click on Profile.
- Proceed to select Settings, then Accounts Center.
- Find the Facebook account that you want to unlink.
- Finally, click on Remove from Account Center.
How to Limit Your Instagram-Facebook Interaction
With the rise of privacy concerns across all social media networks, it is important to control every activity whilst you’re online.
Perhaps you want to keep Facebook linked to Instagram. There are certain customizations to take to keep your account safe.
The first step is deactivating auto posts from Instagram to Facebook.
Other steps include:
- To limit the interaction between Instagram and Facebook, navigate to Account Center and click on the app from the Menu icon. To get there, tap on Settings > Accounts Center.
- On the Manage Connected Experiences page, choose the category you desire to manage and select your options.
- On Story & Post Sharing page, click on the radio buttons to choose which account you are customizing the options for. Use the sliders to enable Automatically Share On/Off for your Instagram posts or stories.
You can also repeat the same steps for the other categories.
Note the following below when choosing connected experience.
- Story & Post Sharing allows you to choose whether you want to automatically share your Instagram story or posts with Facebook.
- Manage Facebook Pay Info helps you control whether you want the same payment method for both Facebook and Instagram.
- Logging in with accounts allows you to decide if you want to share all logins and offers advanced managed login options.
Why Can’t I Unlink Facebook from my Instagram Account
If you’ve followed the steps above and you can’t unlink Facebook from Instagram, it could be a glitch or bug on the Facebook-Instagram server.
You can contact Facebook customer support to help you fix the issue in real time.
What are the benefits of unlinking Facebook and Instagram?
Facebook plans to give all Instagram users the option to join their platform.
However, one of the major benefits of unlinking Facebook and Instagram is security.
If your Instagram account is compromised and is linked to Facebook, the consequence is that the hacker or cyber criminal will gain access to your Facebook account as well.
Unlinking Facebook and Instagram is also a privacy-conscious move. This is because you can easily manage what you upload and share on social media.
You may not wish for your Facebook friends to access all the content you have added to your Instagram, so the ability to unlink your two social media profiles is a crucial step in this direction.
Unlinking Facebook and Instagram can also assist in lowering the number of unwanted notifications.
If your Facebook and Instagram are connected, Instagram will send notifications to your account recommending that you follow your Facebook friends or update you about a certain Facebook friend that has recently signed up to Instagram.
If you are not interested in this sort of information, all you have to do is unlink your Facebook account from your Instagram.
How to Unlink Facebook From Instagram FAQs
I unlinked my Facebook account from Instagram. What’s next?
After unlinking your Facebook from Instagram, the new content you have uploaded on Instagram won’t be displayed on your Facebook.
Furthermore, your Facebook friends won’t be encouraged to follow you on Instagram whenever they access that platform.
Should I unlink my Instagram and Facebook accounts?
It depends on you. There is no correct or bad answer regarding your choice of unlinking your Instagram and Facebook accounts.
It boils down to your interests and aim of owning accounts on the two social platforms.
If you wish to unlink your Instagram and Facebook accounts, follow the process outlined in this article to unlink them.
If you have a change of heart, you can always use the exact steps above to connect them again.
How can I find out if my Facebook is connected to Instagram?
Here’s how to find out if your Facebook page is linked to your Instagram profile:
- Access the Instagram mobile app.
- Select Edit Profile.
- Select Page.
Choose the Facebook page you wish to link to your Instagram account. If you are yet to set up a Facebook page, select “Create a New Facebook Page” and follow the prompts in that section.
Is Instagram linked to Facebook?
Yes. Logging into Instagram with Facebook has been made easy, and this shows the two can easily be linked. If you want to make changes to this, you have to ensure that you sign out of the Facebook app that you logged into.
Is there a way to unlink Facebook and Instagram messages?
Here’s how to unlink your Instagram messages from the Messenger app.
- Access the Instagram app and navigate to Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Navigate to Messages.
- Below the “Message Control,” scroll to the “Others on Facebook” option and select it.
- Tap “Don’t Receive Requests.”
What is the business relationship between Facebook and Instagram?
Facebook (now Meta) owns Instagram. It paid a billion dollars 11 years ago for its outright purchase.
Will Instagram overtake Facebook?
Yes. It is possible that Instagram will overtake Facebook due to its mobile-friendliness.
Since it was exclusively accessible to mobile devices for some time and allowed a more singular kind of content, it is undeniable that Instagram provides a more quality mobile experience compared to Facebook.
Facebook has improved its mobile features. However, Instagram was designed with smartphones in mind.
Who owns Instagram?
Instagram is owned by a tech company called Meta (formerly Facebook). It was founded by Kevin Systrom in 2010 for Apple smartphones.
Instagram quickly became popular, with millions of downloads in the space of two months. It hit 10 million users within 12 months and a billion users after eight years.
In 2012, the then Facebook bought the platform for a billion dollars.
What’s the major reason Facebook bought Instagram?
Reports have shown that Facebook at the time purchased Instagram because it feared that Instagram would become a competition.
Some Facebook staff have come out to say that Facebook saw Instagram’s popularity as concerning because it could negatively impact their earnings. So instead of facing competition, Facebook purchased it.
In no particular order: YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, TikTok, Pinterest, Snapchat and Reddit.
What’s the best reason to use Instagram?
Instagram is a free-to-use social media app for sharing pictures and video clips with your friends and loved ones.
It has also become a channel to market your products, engage with your customers, grow your brand and share updates with your followers. Instagram is rich in features, from live streaming to short-form content and messaging services.
What’s the biggest revenue source for Instagram?
Similar to Facebook, the biggest revenue source for Instagram is advertisements. Instagram sells ad spaces to millions of businesses and brands.
If you’re concerned about the privacy of your account, you may unlink Facebook from Instagram.
By following the steps above, you should be able to unlink your Facebook account from Instagram.
- How to Hide Reels from Someone on Instagram and Facebook
- Easy Ways to Pin a Comment on Instagram Feed, Story and Live
- How to Hide Facebook Stories From Specific People