Facebook has added a dark theme to its interface, making it easier to use in low-light situations. This is a welcomed change for the social media site.
Dark mode on Facebook is a new feature that allows you to make your Facebook experience more comfortable.
It’s especially useful if you’re using the mobile version of Facebook on an iPhone or iPad, but it’s also available for desktop users.
This article will walk you through how to enable dark mode on Facebook on the Facebook app, Android, iOS and desktop.
How to Enable Facebook Dark Mode on Mac and Windows Browsers
Below is how to turn on dark mode for Facebook in a macOS or Windows browser:
- Open your Facebook account in your browser
- Tap on the ”download-facing” arrow in the top-right corner of your Facebook
- Next, tap on ”Display & Accessibility”
- Under ”Settings” you will find Dark Mode. Toggle it on to activate the Facebook dark mode. Automatically, your Facebook pages will display in a dark background instead of white.
It’s important to note that when you switch from light mode to dark mode on Facebook in a browser, the setting changes across the board.
The dark UI will be automatically featured on every page, including Messenger.
An option to switch to the new Facebook may be available for certain users. If you see this option, you will be able to enable the dark mode if you switch to the new Facebook.
See Also: How to Enable Snapchat Dark Mode
Enable Facebook Dark Mode on Android and iOS
The Dark Mode feature has been present for some time in Messenger apps for both iOS and Android.
The Dark Mode setting is now available on iOS and Android devices. At least not right now, the global dark mode setting on Android 10 and above doesn’t change Facebook at all.
How to Enable Facebook Dark Mode in the Android App
Follow the steps below to turn on dark mode on the Android Facebook app
- Tap on the ”hamburger” menu icon with three horizontal bars on your Facebook homepage
- Tap on the ”Settings’ & Privacy” in the main menu
- Choose ”Dark mode” to launch the custom options
- Finally, tap ”On” to activate Facebook Dark mode.
You can also select ”System” if you have already changed your device’s settings. When you choose this setting, your Facebook app will turn to dark mode or light mode based on your Android settings.
How to Enable Facebook Dark Mode on iOS
The Facebook dark mode is now available on iOS devices. Follow the steps below to turn on Facebook dark mode in iOS.
- Click on the ”hamburger” menu icon located at the bottom-right corner
- Choose ”Settings & Privacy” in the main menu.
- Next, select ”Dark Mode” from the extended menu
- Lastly, Click ”On” or ”System” to enable Facebook dark mode
Note: Choosing ”System” will grant Facebook the permission to imitate your Phone’s setting (i.e dark mode and light mode respectively)
How to Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode on iOS
If you want to turn on the dark mode setting on the iOS Facebook Messenger app, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Facebook account
- Navigate to your profile picture at the top-left corner of your screen
- Select the ”Dark” Mode option
How to Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode in Android
To turn on dark mode on Facebook Messenger on an Android device, simply follow the steps below:
- Launch Facebook Messenger and click on your profile icon in the top right section
- Click on ”Dark Mode”
- Then click the bubble next to ”On”
Dark Mode for Facebook and Facebook Messenger Lite
Facebook has made dark mode available on most of its platforms. If you’re a Facebook Lite or Messenger Lite user, it’s important to know that Facebook Messenger Lite doesn’t have its own dark mode setting.
Facebook Lite will now support the Dark Mode setting for both Android and iOS. If you’re using Messenger Lite, you’ll need to make sure you have the Dark Mode option enabled in the settings for your app.
In order to enable dark mode in the Lite version of Facebook and Messenger, you need to follow these steps:
- In the upper right-hand corner, tap the three-horizontal bar menu
- Click on the ”Dark Mode”
- Proceed to toggle on the button to enable dark mode
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook FAQs
If you have more questions about the dark mode, then keep reading. We’ve got the answers to the most commonly asked questions about Facebook’s dark mode.
Why is Facebook Dark Mode not available for me?
Facebook rolled out Dark Mode to selected users and only on selected devices. Now that it’s available to everyone on all devices, it should be the most requested feature in a while.
To get Dark Mode, you’ll need to go to Settings > Display & Accessibility > Turn on Dark Mode
If you’re using a web browser, you may be running an outdated version of the app. Tap on the arrow icon in the upper right-hand corner of Facebook and look for an option to switch to New Facebook.
Perhaps you’re on using an iOS or Android app, make sure you’re on the latest version of the Facebook app.
Is Dark Mode better?
Most people prefer Dark Mode because it looks better, and it doesn’t affect your melatonin levels, so you can play on your phone before bed and not fall asleep.
There are two options for the look and feel of the interface: light mode and dark mode. The dark mode uses less battery life than the light version, but it’s still pretty easy to use.
You can also switch back to the standard Facebook interface if you don’t like the light mode interface.
My Facebook was in Dark Mode but Switched Back to Light Mode
In May of 2021, Facebook’s iOS and Android apps experienced a glitch that caused the apps to revert to their classic design.
Fortunately, this was a normal glitch that the Facebook developers fixed really fast.
When users started experiencing problems, they simply closed or were forced to close the Facebook application and re-opened it.
This is a good idea, but you might have to wait until Facebook updates its app. Otherwise, you might want to try other things, such as logging out of the app and logging back in.
Dark mode is a great feature that gives you a more comfortable and enjoyable Facebook experience. Have you enabled dark mode on Facebook before? I hope that this guide helped you to enable your Facebook dark mode.
- How to See What Someone Likes On Facebook
- Easy Way to Login to Instagram Through Facebook
- How to Check if Someone is Online on Facebook Without Being Friends
- Contact Facebook Support through Live Chat
- How to Contact Facebook Support Via Email
- How to See Who Viewed Your Featured Photos on Facebook
- How to Find Out What Someone Likes on Facebook
- How to Get Back Deleted Comments on Facebook
- How to Find Someone’s Hidden Friend List on Facebook
- How to Delete a Facebook Account Without a Password
- How to Get the Facebook Dating App Back After Deleting