Facebook is one of the most popular social media sites in the world. People use it all over the globe to stay in touch with each other and keep in touch with the people they care about.
There are many people who love it for its simplicity and convenience. However, for others, there are some who find it difficult to understand how to use it.
This article will guide you on how you can check if someone is online on Facebook without being friends with them.
- 1 What is Online Status on Facebook and How it Works?
- 2 How to Check if Someone is Online on Facebook Without Being Friends
- 3 How to Check if Someone is Online on Facebook with Third-Party Tools
- 4 How to Check if Someone is Online on Facebook with Messenger
- 5 What Facebook is Doing to Help Users Check Online Status
- 6 Conclusion
What is Online Status on Facebook and How it Works?
Your online status on Facebook is simply your current status. This means that if you’re online right now, it would say ‘Online’ on your status.
You can make changes to this by going to your profile and selecting ‘Status’ on the drop-down menu.
Once you’ve done that, you can select the ‘What’s on my mind’ option and update your status. You can also send messages to people via Messenger and share photos or videos via Instagram.
This way, you can get updates from your friends without having to visit their profiles every time. However, if someone isn’t on your Facebook network, they won’t be able to see this.
You can find out if someone is online by looking at their profile. Simply look for a grey circle with a ‘+’ sign inside of it next to their name.
If it’s there, they are online. If not, then they are not online.
See Also: How To Find Who Created Facebook Account
How to Check if Someone is Online on Facebook Without Being Friends
It is not always possible for people to check if someone is online on Facebook without being their friends. However, you can easily find out if someone is online on Facebook by following a simple method.
- Go to the “Messages” tab on your Facebook account.
- Now scroll down till you find the “Inbox” tab and click on it. This will open your inbox on Facebook. You will see a list of the people who have recently sent you messages.
- Click on the name of the person you want to check whether he/she is online or not.
- On the next page, you will be able to see the status of the person. If he/she is online, then you will see a green dot, and if he/she is offline, then you will see a grey dot.
How to Check if Someone is Online on Facebook with Third-Party Tools
You can also use third-party tools to check if someone is online. If you know their email address or phone number, you can try getting it from their other social media account.
On the other hand, if you don’t know anyone’s email address or phone number, you can use an app like Friendface to do it for you. It will look for their profile and then show you if they are online.
How to Check if Someone is Online on Facebook with Messenger
Another option is to simply try messaging them on Messenger and see what happens. If it goes through, it will show you their online status on Messenger. If it doesn’t work, they aren’t online.
What Facebook is Doing to Help Users Check Online Status
It’s important to note that Facebook has been testing the ability for people to see each other’s online status on Facebook.
You can see someone else’s online status via Facebook search results, as well. This means that as long as you know someone’s name or email address, you can see if they are online or not.
However, these new features are being tested so you may not see them yet. If you don’t see it, you can try searching again later.
I hope you that this guide on “how to check if someone is online on Facebook without being their friends”. You can now check out everyone that is online easily.