The Facebook login history is one of the amazing features Facebook has introduced for its users.
It allows users to check whether someone has logged into their account on a specific date, and if they did, what time they logged in.
With the Facebook login check, it also possible to check when a user last logged in, what device they were using, and what country they were from.
This information is extremely useful for checking if your Facebook password has been leaked, and to identify if someone else has been accessing your account.
Now, the question is, how do you view Facebook login history to make sure that your account is safe?
In this article, I will walk you through step by step guide on how to check Facebook login history on mobile app and desktop.
So, let’s get the started.
See Also: How to Report Facebook Login Issues
How to Check Facebook Login History
It is important to always check your Facebook account login history at least once per week.
This will help check login attempts on your Facebook account.
Below are the various ways to check Facebook logins on your account.
How to Check Facebook Login History on Facebook Mobile App
You easily view Facebook logins on your Facebook app. The process is pretty the same for both Android and iOS devices.
Follow the steps below to check your Facebook login history on mobile.
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android or iOS device.
- Tap on the three horizontal line bars at the lower right section of your screen.
- Next, scroll down and tap on “Settings & privacy.”
- Proceed to click on “Settings.”
- Under security, tap on Security and Login.
- You will see Where you’re logged in with details such as device, location and when such login was last active.
- To see hidden login on your Facebook, click on the See all at the upper right corner. This will show all of your Facebook login history.
This is how to check FB login history on mobile. Perhaps you discovered a login attempt on your Facebook account, you can logout such session.
To do so, simply tap on the three dots besides the logged in device and click Logout.
How to Check Facebook Login History on Desktop
Through the web browser you can easily check facebook login history. Follow the steps below to view Facebook login history:
- Login to your Facebook account on desktop.
- At the top right corner of your screen, tap on the down-arrow button.
- Next, tap on Settings and privacy.
- Then proceed to click on Settings.
- Tap on Security and Login at the left menu. You will find the login information of your Facebook account which includes login date and time, device, location etc.
- You can tap on See More to check all Facebook login history.
How to View Facebook Login Attempt by Downloading a Copy of the Facebook Backup
The interesting part of Facebook login history feature is that you can download a copy of Facebook data.
It allows you to download all the copy, specifics or even just the security and login information.
To download a copy of Facebook backup, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Tap on the arrow-down button at the upper right section of the Facebook screen.
- Next, click on Settings & Privacy from the drop down menu and tap on Settings again.
- Proceed to tap on the View icon besides Download your Information.
- Next up, scroll down and tap on Download Your Information icon. You will be redirected to a page where you can download your Facebook data in Html and JSON format.
- Go ahead to choose the Media Quality (High, Medium, Low) and the Date Range.
- Scroll down to choose the exact Facebook information that you want to download.
- Perhaps you just want to download Login Activity information, unselect all other options and tap on Request to Download.
- The Facebook data will begin to download and email you a copy once that is completed.
How to Check Facebook Login History FAQs
Below are some of the most asked questions on Facebook login check.
Can I Logout Suspicious Login on my Facebook Account?
If you discover a login attempt on your Facebook account from an unknown device or location, you can logout such session.
To do so, go to Settings & privacy > Settings >Security & login. The click on the three dots beside the suspicious login on your account then click Logout.
How to Know Your last login Time on Facebook without Logging in to Facebook?
There’s know direct way to know from your account. However, you can ask one of your Facebook friends that you had a chat with recently to open your chat.
Then you will see the last time you were active on Facebook without having to login to Facebook.
Can I See a History of Failed Login Attempts on Facebook?
Facebook does not provide users history of failed login attempts. However, you can check Facebook login for only the successfully logged attempts.
The good news is that Facebook is constantly working to prevent these malicious activities from occurring.
Setting up Two-Factor authentication on Facebook can also offer your account a more security.
They can only get into your account when they have access to the OTP sent by Facebook.
Why does my Facebook login history say I logged in in a different state than I’m in?
Perhaps you account has been compromised and someone has gained access into your Facebook account.
Here’s how to recover Facebook hacked account really fast.
Why is my Facebook account showing the wrong login location?
This could mean that your login information has been compromised. The best practice is to navigate to your Facebook login history and logout all suspicious login.
This wrong login location on Facebook could also result from using Virtual Private Network (VPN), proxy, or NAT.
Make sure that your phone Operating System is updated to the latest version.
Can I hide my Facebook IP address from my Facebook login history?
Absolutely. You can hide your Facebook IP address from your Facebook login history by using VPN, proxy, or NAT.
Is Facebook sending you notifications when someone tries to log into your account?
Though unsuccessful login attempt does not appear in the Facebook login history, but you get notified when an unrecognized device tries to login to your Facebook account.
How can I contact Facebook to report login attempts?
You can contact Facebook support to report any login attempt or suspicious login to your Facebook.
Also you chat up with Facebook live agent to resolve your issues real time.
In my opinion, the Facebook login history feature is one of the most useful tools that Facebook has introduced for its users.
It helps us keep a check on our accounts and prevents us from being tricked by people who are trying to hack our Facebook account.
I hope you find this information on how to check Facebook login history useful.
Have you used any of these Facebook login history check tips before? You might bookmark this page for future reference.