Snapchat has a popular feature called “Snapchat Stories.” Snapchat users can post their Snaps, which have a lifetime of 24 hours.
People usually publish photos of food, pets, or photos from their outings, and the momentary nature of Snapchat Stories makes the experience super amazing.
Snapchat is fun, but many of the Snaps you send disappear forever. If you want to keep your Snaps, it’s better to download them to your phone.
The first step to setting up automatic savings is to find the folder where your Snap stories are stored.
Once you find this folder, make sure that it’s set to sync automatically. Now when you take a Snap story, it will automatically save in the same location as all of your other Snap stories.
Automatically Saving Snapchat Stories on Your Smartphone
Snapchat Stories are saved automatically, and you can download them through the app itself or take a regular screenshot.
If you are using Snapchat, you can easily make your stories automatically available by turning on the option to “Save stories.
Follow the steps below to save Snapchat stories on your smartphone automatically:
- Launch your Snapchat app
- Click on your profile icon in the upper left corner of your screen
- Click on the Gear icon
- Proceed to choose Memories for the menu displayed in the notification section
- Click on Auto-Save My Story Snaps from the options
- Tap on Auto-Save to Memories
You don’t need to go through a lengthy process to save your Snapchat Stories to your phone. Simply tap the Save button in the navigation bar, found under the SAVE DESTINATIONS section.
Then proceed to choose where you wish to have your Snapchat Stories stored automatically. You have the option to choose Camera Roll, Memories, or both.
Snapchat Memories is one of the features that make the platform really fun and entertaining. With it, you can save photos and videos for later.
It’s a bit like Instagram’s Stories Archive, so you’ll be able to view your past Snaps whenever you want.
Also, you can share those snaps with people or even download them in the future from Memories.
Selecting Memories & Camera Roll will preserve your Snaps both in the app and on your phone. This will ensure that they’re available whenever you like.
You’ll also be able to view or send them whenever you like.
If you only want to keep your Stories Snapshots on your phone, select Camera Roll Only. It will save some space on your smartphone, but obviously, it will only store the snaps on your smartphone.
Deleting Snaps from Your Snapchat Story
Snapchat is a great tool for sharing photos and videos with your friends and family, but there are times when you want to delete some of your posts.
You need to know how to remove snaps from your story if you accidentally posted the wrong picture or changed your mind after uploading it.
You can easily take your Story Snap down by following these steps:
Tap the icon in the top left corner of the camera screen. This will open your stories page.
- Launch your Snapchat app
- Click on the Snapchat profile icon in the upper right corner of your camera screen to open the Stories page.
- Locate the Snap that you want to delete from your Snapchat Story and click on it
- Swipe up and click the delete icon. You can find this in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Proceed to click on the “Delete icon” from the popup window
Perhaps you want to save your Snap before you delete it. You have to click on the ”Save” button. You will find this right beside the delete icon.
How to Delete Snaps from Your Memories
You may want to carry out a total clean-up of your account. In that case, you will have to delete the snap from your memories completely.
Here’s how to completely delete your Snap from Memories
- Launch your Snapchat app
- Carefully swipe up on your camera screen to open your Snapchat Memories
- Click on the delete icon from the pop-up in the lower section of your screen
- Finally, click on Delete from the popup window
Once you execute the last step, your Snap will completely disappear from your Snapchat Memories.
How to Save a Snapchat Story from Anyone
Let’s start with the approved way to store anyone’s Snap story on your device. Please note that when you use this method, Snapchat will send a notification to the owner.
Here’s how to do this:
- Access Snapchat
- Select the Snapchat profile option and find the Snap you want to save.
- Select the Snap to access it.
Another method to screenshot the snap is:
- Tap the “Volume down” and “Power” buttons at the same time.
- iOS device:
- Tap “Volume up” and “Power” at the same time.
- Once this is finalized, this will send the screenshot to the gallery.
How to save somebody’s Snapchat Story without them knowing.
Based on your type of device, utilize the technique that effectively aligns with your needs.
For those who have used iOS version 11 or higher, there is a powerful screen recorder feature on the device.
You only have to make sure you can make use of the screen recording tool directly from your control center.
At this stage, you can access any Snapchat story and allow the tool to record a video of whatever is playing on your screen.
On your screen, scroll down to see if you are able to find the screen recorder. If this is not the case, use this method now:
Access the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Select the “Control center” button and choose “Customize Controls”.
- Find the “Screen Recording” option and select the plus option to connect the screen recorder to the control center.
After adding the screen recorder, the next step is to capture your Snap Story:
- Access your Snapchat app and head to Snapchat stories.
- Before selecting the story to access, slide to your screen and select the screen recorder.
- Wait for a three-second timer.
- After seeing the story, scroll to your screen and select “stop” to end the screen recorder.
This will save a recording of the Snapchat story to your device’s gallery. You can watch it offline later, and the great thing is that the owner won’t even be notified that you have stored their story because there won’t be a trail anywhere.
Many Android devices do not come with a default screen recording tool. This differs from iOS devices.
Alternatively, you can search for any on PlayStore, set it up and utilize it to store Snapchat Stories. There are many screen recording tools for Android devices, and you have to carry out due diligence to discover the best option for you.
After deciding on the ideal one to use, ensure that you install it. Next, launch the screen recorder app and begin to record the screen. Now launch Snapchat and select Snap to see it after the countdown timer ends.
After viewing, next stop the recording process.
Next, your snap is now stored as a video file for you to view offline later or whenever you like.
How to save Snaps to your device’s camera roll and memories
You can always save Snaps to your device’s camera roll and Memories.
Here’s how to do this:
- Navigate to My profile and select ⚙️ to access Settings
- From the list of options, select “Memories.”
- Select “Save Button.”
- Choose if you wish to save Snaps to “Memories,” “Memories & Camera Roll,” or “Camera Roll.”
Please note: Ensure that your Memories are fully backed up before signing out of the Snapchat app, signing in using a different device, or removing Snapchat!
Is there a way to find out if somebody screenshots your Snapchat chat?
Pictures and video screenshots will showcase a notification. The chat screenshot will display the phrase “You took a screenshot!” in your conversation thread. For story screenshots, an icon will pop up in the viewer section of the story.
What does 👀 implies in Snapchat’s Story?
Most importantly, based on Snapchat’s help guide in this regard, this eye emoji is a sign that your contacts have watched a specific story again that you have uploaded. In fact, besides the emoji is the number that symbolizes how many friends have watched a specific story more than once.
If you’re going to use Snapchat, you should learn how to use all its features. You’ll find them fun to use, and they’ll make your experience on Snapchat much more enjoyable.
Snapchat is always adding new features, and it’s important to stay updated with the latest features. You won’t miss out on any interesting features.
I hope that this guide on how to save Snapchat Stories automatically answers all of your questions.
- How To Change Your Username On Snapchat
- The Easy Way To Fix Snapchat Can’t Load Image
- How To Allow Camera Access On Snapchat (Tips and Tricks)
- How to Recover My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat
- How to Unblock Snapchat on School Chromebook
- What Does “Ignored From Added Me” Mean On Snapchat?
- How to View Snapchat Stories Anonymously