Last updated on February 17th, 2023 at 05:52 am
There is no denying that Snapchat is among the world’s favourite social media apps. Exciting features such as “My Eyes Only” create a fun-filled and engaging atmosphere for vibrant Snapchat users.
It is worth noting that the hidden category will require an entirely unique password to explore the saved snaps.
This article will guide you through the process of recovering your “My Eyes Only” pictures on Snapchat, even if you can’t remember your password.
Snapchat remains the most exciting photo-sharing platform for the young and the old. It is the perfect place to create snaps and transform them into “memory banks” for your family and friends! So feel free to send snaps, take snaps and distribute them using the app.
The “My Eyes Only” feature on Snapchat was designed to create another layer of privacy for your cherished moments! This implies that you can hide your snaps using the My Eyes Only page!
The amazing thing about the Snapchat platform is that you can recover your deleted or lost snaps.
An easy method to retrieve My Eyes Only snaps is by utilising the Snapchat privacy option or navigating to files.
This is a great development because most people trying to recover their Snapchat account only end up wiping off their beloved Snapchat memories.
You do not have to feel frustrated or distraught because we will explore strategies you can use to retrieve your lost Snapchat memories too.
We have researched extensively and discovered some of the most effective ways to make the best use of those Snapchat features and ensure you don’t lose your snaps in the process.
So go ahead and use the “My Eyes Only” feature on Snapchat to safeguard your privacy and discourage strangers from accessing your snaps.
See Also: How To Increase Your Snapchat Score Fast
What is Snapchat’s My Eyes Only Feature?
There’s a possibility that you have a folder on your smartphone or PC that is password-protected. It is where you store all your most confidential and sensitive data (videos, pictures and texts).
Snapchat’s My Eyes Only feature plays that role. It is a unique privacy section that lets you safeguard your snaps from the view of everyone else.
That is, no one but yourself can access that section.
To further bolster the security of the feature, it is secured with a password.
The For My Eyes feature can be likened to a private secret section where you can save your beautiful snaps. It is highly unlikely that anyone will discover it! You can rest assured that your privacy is protected.
How to Use My Eyes Only on Snapchat
It would be helpful to understand how to use the My Eyes Only feature before exploring how to retrieve snaps.
Here’s the easiest way to use the My Eyes Only feature:
- Launch your Snapchat app and complete the sign-in process.
- Access your account memories panel by swiping left. This is where you can access every Snapchat memory you have as well as the camera roll snap category.
- Now, tap and hold any video clip or snap to add it to your My Eyes Only tab.
- You will see a menu listing with lots of options on your screen. Find the one with “My Eyes Only/ Hide” there. Tap on it.
- Next, select “Quick Setup.”
- At this point, you will be required to set up a unique password for your newly-created My Eyes Only category. Ensure that the password is hard to guess and distinct from your account password. Don’t forget your password because it’s your key to using the My Eyes Only tab. To access the My Eyes Only tab, simply enter your password or passcode.
- After that, you will find the description page. To proceed, tap on the Continue button.
- Select “finish”.
As soon as you have completed the password creation process, it will be easier to transfer your pictures and video clips to the My Eyes Only category.
You can even use your new knowledge to set up a private picture collection for your hidden snaps from today.
Let’s analyse how to add your snaps to the My Eyes Only Category.
See Also: How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories
How to Add Snaps to Snapchat’s My Eyes Only Category
Now that you have understood the correct way to set up the My Eyes Only on Snapchat, let’s find out how to add snaps to the category.
This is straightforward as you only have to walk through simple steps to begin adding media files to the private category.
- Sign in to your Snapchat account.
- Enter your Snapchat memories by left swiping.
- Next, tick the pictures and stories you intend to add to your private category.
- Tap “More” at the lower end of the Snapchat interface.
- Now, select “Move”. Your snaps and other media files will be transferred to the My Eyes Only category.
Is it Possible to Retrieve Pictures Deleted From Snapchat’s “My Eyes Only” Feature?
Snapchat memories have almost the same functionality as Google photos.
This is because if you lose your phone or deactivate your account, you can still retrieve your media files from My Eyes Only. But you have to ensure your snaps are properly backed up in Snapchat memories.
Also, you can use third-party software recovery tools to retrieve your deleted Snapchat data.
However, without backing up your snaps, retrieving them will be arduous and difficult.
In the next section, we will analyse some strategies you can use to Recover My Eyes Only Pictures On Snapchat.
How to Recover My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat
A lot of Snapchatters have asked, “What is the Best Way To Recover My Snapchat Eyes Only Photos?”
Here are some great techniques you can use to recover My Eyes Only pics on Snapchat.
They work effectively on your Android and iOS device.
Restore Snaps From Snapchat Privacy Section
Everyone likes a quick fix to problems. However, to ensure that things are done thoroughly, here is an effective technique to retrieve your deleted snaps via the privacy section.
This technique is effective for both Android and iOS devices.
Below is how to get back my eyes only photos on Snapchat.
- Launch the Snapchat app and log into your account. Tap the profile icon in the top right area of the page.
- Next, select the “settings” option.
- Navigate to the lower end, where you’ll find the privacy option. Tap “My Data”, located under the privacy option.
However, you will be required to sign in to your Snapchat account before you can put in a Snapchat picture recovery request.
It is worth noting that this technique will only recover pictures that you have stored via your memory library.
Restore Snaps via File Browser
A great method you can use to restore snaps is by checking your file browser. This technique is very effective for android devices.
It may not work properly on iOS devices because their phone manufacturer has restricted access to crucial data folders.
Here are the steps below:
- Launch your file browser app to go through your device’s internal storage.
- After entering your device’s storage, navigate to “data”. Then, head to Snapchat data.
- The next step is to locate the files with the .nomedia ending or extension. Once you find them, ensure you remove those suffixes to enable the files to be saved in your account.
Keep in mind that this technique is only effective for a limited amount of time. Ensure you try this technique a few minutes after accidentally deleting your Snapchat pictures.
How Do I Restore Deleted My Eyes Only Files?
Always remember that the My Eyes Only category is entirely hidden and is only accessible to you.
It is encrypted, so Snapchat can’t even view its content neither can it be intercepted by internet service providers.
Hence, if you lose or wipe away your pictures from My Eyes Only, you might never retrieve them.
What if you can’t remember your My Eyes Only password and want to reset or change it?
Let’s explore how it can be done in detail.
How To Update My Eyes Only Password
To update my eyes only password, simply follow the steps below:
- Launch the Snapchat mobile app on your phone. Left swipe to view memories.
- The My Eyes Only category can be accessed at the lower part of the page. Tap on it.
- Next, tap “options” at the lower part of the page.
- Then, tap “change passcode.”
- Input the old passcode linked to My Eyes Only.
- Next, input the new password in the box provided and tap Next.
- Feel free to use either a passphrase or passcode. You’ll be given a set of rules. Go through it and tap “continue” to proceed.
- Next, tap “finish” to finalise the process.
How Do I Reset My Password For My Eyes Only?
To reset my eyes only password, simply follow the steps below:
- Launch the Snapchat app. Complete the login process. Left swipe to enter your account memories.
- Locate the My Eyes Only category at the lower end of your screen. Tap on it.
- Next, select the option accessible at the end of the next screen. Tap on “forgot password”.
- You’ll be required to input your Snapchat password. Once you’re done, tap on the “next” button.
- Accede to the rules provided, tap “continue” to proceed.
- At this stage, you’ll be given a chance to do a password reset for My Eyes Only. Please note that the password has to be entirely unique and not be exactly the same as your usual Snapchat password.
- Input the new password and tap “Confirm” to authenticate it.
How to Recover My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat FAQs
Is it possible to retrieve deleted My Eyes Only snaps from an iOS device?
Absolutely. There’s a way to restore deleted My Eyes Only pictures from your iOS device. We briefly explored the strategy in the article. You can either use the file browser tool or the Snapchat privacy tab.
Can I restore deleted My Eyes Only pictures?
Yes, it is possible to restore deleted My Eyes Only pictures. However, you have to be fast about it. This is because files deleted are not completely wiped away from your device’s internal storage; they are instead stored temporarily for a few days.
This implies that if you are fast enough, you can retrieve your data via a file browser tool.
How can you recover pictures from Snapchat memories?
Launch the Snapchat app. Slide up to restore pictures from Snapchat memories. Next, click “Memories”. After that, access the picture you would like to see by tapping on it. Then select the “eye” button.
So that’s all on how to restore My Eyes Only photos on Snapchat! You can explore Snapchat’s help page to find out more details about the My Eyes Only feature.
Ensure you share this article with your friends and loved ones!
- How to Fix Snapchat Tap to Load Problem
- What Does Pending Mean on Snapchat? How to Fix it
- How To Get a Snapchat Streak Back
- Why isn’t Snapchat Working?
- How to Undo Snapchat Update
- How to Recover a Deleted Snapchat Account
- How to Unpin Someone on Snapchat That Blocked You
- How to Delete Snapchat Memories (Fast and EASY!)