Instagram is an image-based social networking service that’s designed to make sharing photos as easy as possible. It was launched in 2010 by Jack Systrom and Mike Krieger, and it quickly became a hit among young people and celebrities.
There are lots of ways to take your photo stories off the app. You can choose to delete it, or you can hide it from your story feed.
You can delete any item you publish on your Instagram Story feed.
If you post an Instagram Story for too long, people will notice a mistake, become horrified or surprised, or whatever you don’t want them to do.
Your Instagram Story may only last 24 hours, but if you delete it after publishing it, they won’t be able to access it.
If your Facebook friends are on Instagram, then they might see your posts on their feed. Don’t be surprised if you start to get more likes and followers than you did on Facebook.
Also, Instagram Stories can be discovered through the explore feature. This implies that someone not following you on Instagram can see your IG Stories.
That brings us to the question, “how can you delete your Instagram story after posting?”
This guide will teach you how to delete an Instagram story really fast.
Sounds great? Let’s get started.
How To Delete Your Instagram Story
Deleting an Instagram Story is easy to do. With a couple of taps, it’s gone forever. Just don’t delete anything you want to keep.
Once you’ve done it, it’s gone. You still have a copy of it in your Story Archive if you need it, but you’re fine with that.
Here’s how to do it.
- Tap on “Open Story” to open your story
- To select the three-dot menu icon, press the menu button in the lower-right corner
- Click on Delete
- Proceed to click on Delete again and confirm that you want to delete the Instagram story.
Your Instagram Stories will be deleted and cannot be viewed by anyone once the action is taken.
How to Delete an Instagram Story From Your Archive
If you’re cleaning your Instagram library, you can also remove an Instagram Story from your archive.
Every story you publish, a copy of it is saved to your Story Archive. If you’re housekeeping, as well as removing your Story from live, you need to delete it from your Story Archive.
Here’s how to delete your Instagram Story from Archive
- Launch your Instagram app and navigate to your profile
- Click on the three-lined bars at the top right corner of your Instagram profile and tap on the timer icon
- Proceed to click on the IG Story that you want to remove
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon located at below right of your screen
- Click on the “Delete” button and Tap on “Delete” again to confirm
Stories that you delete from your Story Archive will be permanently deleted from Instagram. Any copies of the Story that were previously posted to your Story Archive will also be deleted from Instagram.
How to Delete an Instagram Story from Highlights
If you’re running low on Instagram Stories, this is where you can delete your old ones and make room for new ones.
You can also access your Instagram Highlights from your profile and delete one there.
Perhaps you want to make sure that your Story is permanently deleted, the Instagram Highlight is another section where you need to delete it.
Here’s how to delete your Instagram Story from Highlights
- Go to your Instagram profile and click on “Story Highlights”
- Choose the IG Story you wish to delete and long-press it
- Finally, tap on the “Delete” button
Alternatively, you can click on the Instagram Highlight and tap on the three-dots menu to access and delete the Story
How to Delete an Instagram Post or Video
As you’re in the state of keeping your Instagram account clean, you might also want to delete your Instagram post or video.
Deleting Instagram Posts or Video is as easy as deleting Instagram Story.
Follow the steps below to delete your IG post and video.
- Open your Instagram app and navigate to your profile
- Choose the post or video you wish to delete
- Click on the three-dot icon
- Proceed to click on the “Delete” button. Tap on Delete again to confirm your action.
How to Archive Instagram Post or Video
Instagram Stories has an option to delete a post, but you can also archive a story so no one else can see it but you can still access it later if you need to.
Here’s how to archive Instagram Post or Video
- Choose the Instagram post you want to archive
- Click on the three-dot icon at the upper right corner
- Proceed to select Archive
To view your archived posts, click on your profile picture in the top right of the screen. This will take you to your profile, where you can find your archived posts.
There are certain content that you might have mistakenly published and want to delete immediately.
Following this guide on how to delete Instagram Story will help you delete your IG Story easily.