Direct messages are a special type of Instagram chat where you can type and send a message to any Instagram user. You can expect them to read and respond in real-time.
Your messages should make sense and be relevant to the target user, but they don’t have to be perfect. A lot of what makes messages effective is the attention you pay to detail, so make sure to take your time and get it right.
For an Instagram user who has a public account, there is One is a Direct Message (DM) option, which is clearly visible.
When you open the profile of a user, you’ll see the “Message” option right next to the “Follow” button.
To start a chat, simply click on the “Message” button.
You can message anyone you wish to Instagram. You can even message multiple people at the same time.
There is no follow button on private profiles. That means you can’t send direct messages to private profiles. You will have to follow the user first by having them accept your follow request.
In this article, I will show you how to send a direct message to a private account on Instagram.
How to Send Direct Message to Private Instagram Account
It doesn’t matter how closely you have observed a Private Instagram user’s profile. That doesn’t mean you can’t message them. You just need to make sure you know who they are and how to message them.
Here’s how to send direct message to private Instagram account:
- Launch your Instagram app and sign in to your account
- Navigate to the search section to find the private Instagram account you want to send a message
- Click on the three dots at the upper right corner of your screen
- Tap on “Send Message” from the options listed
- Congratulations! The inbox of the private Instagram account is open for you to send your first message.
Other Ways to Send Direct Message to Private Instagram Account
If you’re looking for an alternative way to send a direct message to a private Instagram account besides the one above, follow the steps below:
- Launch your IG account and click on the airplane-like icon at the upper right end of your profile
- This will land you on the chat section where a list of people you’re connected to will be displayed
- You will find a search icon at the top of the page. Proceed to click on it and enter the Instagram username of the private account you want to message
- Tap on the specific profile and you will be taken to the inbox to start a conversation
- There you go! Enter the message you wish to send to the private account and click on the enter button.
Can I Send Messages to Someone I’m Not Following on Instagram?
Yes, you can send a direct message to any private or public account user you are not following. Sending a message to a private Instagram account is easy to execute.
You can follow any of the above-listed methods to send your message to the people you want to reach.
Instagram recently added “Limits”, which allows you to decide who you want to receive messages from.
People have been using this feature to spam other users and send out mass messages to their followers. To prevent this, you’ll need to follow the person first.
Instagram has introduced a new feature that allows users to enable the option to receive messages only from those people who are already following them.
This means that the number of spam messages in their inbox has gone down significantly.
With a lot of Instagram users having issues sending messages to private accounts, the need for this guide on how to send direct message to private account on Instagram.
I hope that you find it resourceful.