A lot of Snapchat users have asked if there is any way to “pause Snapchat scores.”
This article will explore various methods of doing this.
Without any further ado, let’s get started.
Is it Possible to Pause Your Snap Score?
If you are searching for strategies to pause your Snapchat score. You won’t find it as the feature is unavailable on Snapchat.
However, there are ways to hide your score from spammers or trolls.
They are effective in preventing people from seeing your Snap score, but they won’t lower or decrease it.
One way to “pause” your Snapchat score is to stop exchanging snaps, as it will let the number stay the same, neither increasing nor decreasing.
Your Snap score will become visible when you add someone and vice versa.
Thus, one way to prevent someone from seeing your Snapchat score is to unfriend them.
However, if your goal is to hide your Snap score from a specific friend but still keep on chatting with him, a good way to do this is to simply “unfriend” the person, which will kick him/her off your friend list and hide your score from him.
There is a better alternative to hiding your Snapchat score. Here it is:
- Access the Snapchat Score guide to manage it.
- Update the settings.
- The visible score will be changed for other users.
How to Lower Your Snapchat Score via Profile
If you wish to hide your score from your Snapchat profile rather than decrease your score, you can use an easy strategy to hide score tags from your profile.
Stop Sending Snaps
One of the easiest ways to boost your Snap score on your profile is by exchanging snaps.
So by putting a stop to your Snap exchange activities, you can “pause” or limit your Snap score on your profile.
This will restrict the growth of your Snap score and gradually slow down the rate of the score, allowing it to seem as if it is “paused.”
Unfriend the User to Hide Score
While there is no Snapchat feature that lets you lower your Snap score, there is a way to prevent others from seeing your Snap score.
This isn’t a straightforward process, but it is effective in hiding your score from other users.
All you simply have to do is either unfriend or remove them from your friend list. After “unfriending” them, the specific user won’t have access to your Snap score.
This is an option to use whenever you want to hide only your score from certain users while giving them access to other profile information.
Let’s explore how to unfriend an Instagram user or kick them off your friend list.
- Start by launching the Snapchat app on your device, and you’ll access your camera screen.
- In the upper left area of the screen, you will see your profile bitmoji; select it to access your profile page.
- Now, navigate below to your profile page, and you should locate the My Friends option. Select it.
- Alternatively, you can utilize the search box to look for the specific user you want to “unfriend.”
- Press & hold the username for 3 seconds, and then some options will pop up on your screen.
- Select the Manage Friendship option. On the next screen, select Remove Friends.
- A confirmation box will pop up. Select Remove. This will delete the user from your friend list.
This way, your snap score will be hidden from the user.
Block the User to Hide Snap Score
Blocking the user is another strategy to hide your Snap score. It is effective in limiting a person from accessing your Snapchat profile.
Blocking a user will remove them from your friend list and prevent the person from viewing your Snap score.
Since the user has been deleted from your friend list, this limits them from accessing your profile.
Blocking shields your Snap score and protects your profile from trolls.
Here’s how to block a user on Snapchat,
First, launch the Snapchat app on your device. Select the bitmoji in the upper left to navigate to your profile page.
- Slide below to select the My Friends option.
- Using the search bar, look for the specific user you wish to block.
- Press and hold the username for 3 seconds.
- A list of menu items will pop up. Select Manage Friendship.
- Next, select Block, and it’s finalized.
The user won’t access your Snapchat profile to spy on your Snap score.
How Does Snapchat Score Change On Your Profile?
Snapchat has numerous interesting features, and the most popular among them is the Snap score.
Let’s explore factors that are effective and ineffective for boosting Snap Score:
- Snap Score improves when you exchange snaps with other users. So it is the accumulation of the snaps you have exchanged with users on the platform. When you send snaps to other users, you earn a point, which boosts your Snap score. Thus, sending and receiving snaps with users adds to your Snap score.
- Uploading pictures or videos to your Snapchat stories won’t improve your score. It is not effective.
- Uploading stories and sending messages to other users via Snapchat won’t affect your score. It raises your score when you exchange snaps with those on your friend list.
- Apart from the exchange of snaps, which is effective in raising the score, another activity that positively affects the snap score is the number of stories you watch on the platform and the number of contacts on your friend list. Even the number of Discover videos you access will grow your Snap score.
- Thus, points earned from these Snapchat activities will impact your Snapchat score.
- Also, you can also earn scores by sending snaps to multiple users at the same time. Sometimes sending snaps to a single user all the time does not do the trick.
We have listed factors that can earn you a score, and doing all of these can boost your Snap score shown on your profile page.
Other Popular Snapchat Tricks
Making Video and Voice Calls on Snapchat
Snapchat launched a feature that allows users to video or voice call anyone on their contact list in 2016.
This feature is common on most social media platforms.
This update is very significant for the photo-sharing platform as it helps users stay connected with their friends and loved ones without exiting the app.
Here’s how to make a video or voice call on Snapchat:
- Launch the Snapchat app and navigate to your chat session with your friend.
- Keep an eye out for the phone icon to make a voice call or the camera icon to face time the contact.
- To voice or video call a friend, all that is simply needed is to select the phone or camera button respectively. Once you do that, the call will connect to your contact’s device. After a few seconds of phoning, if the call doesn’t go through, it will request if you wish to make a video or voice clip to your contact instead.
How to Access Snapchats Privately
One Snapchat feature is that when you access your friend’s snaps, the recipient can tell if you have checked them or not.
What if you want to access your friend’s snap or chat privately, i.e., without their knowledge? Here’s how to do it below:
- Launch the Snapchat app and navigate to the “Conversation” section to access your new snaps.
- Wait a bit for the snap to completely process, and you locate a pink box that reads “New Snap.”
- Next, set your device to “Airplane mode” to turn off internet access.
- Navigate to the Snapchat app, and you can access your friend’s snap privately this way.
How to Add Music to Snapchat Story?
Another exciting Snapchat trick is to include your favorite music in your Snapchat stories to increase their engagement and distinctiveness for anyone who views them.
- Launch the Snapchat app on your device.
- Take a picture or record a video clip.
- On the left corner of the screen, you can access the “Music” option and select it.
- Select your preferred music. Next, clip the section of the music you are interested in using, then select the checkmark to save your choice.
How to Use Snapchat Emojis to Draw
This is an easy yet important Snapchat trick to enhance the appeal of your stories.
You can insert emojis art into your Stories via the “Emoji Brush” option, which is accessible on the pencil button.
You can now select the emojis you wish to insert into your story.
How to Pause Your Snapchat Score FAQs
Can you pause your Snapchat score for someone?
Can you pause your Snapchat score for someone? While it is impossible to pause your Snapchat score, we outline ways to prevent others from viewing your score on your profile page.
Who has the best snap score?
@mustbecris has the best Snapchat score on the platform. His score is said to be more than 250 million. To attain a quarter of this score, you have to exchange over 120,000 snaps on average each day.
What is a girl’s high snap score?
A popular personality on Snapchat will have a score of 250,000 to 450,000. However, building your score to such a level will require daily usage and follower engagement.
What is the lowest Snapchat score?
Zero. This happens when you have newly set up your account and rarely use the Snapchat platform.
In this article, we have addressed the issue of whether it is possible to pause your Snap score and the factors that can affect it.
We’ve also explored other important Snapchat tricks that can improve your experience on the platform.
Ensure you share this article with your loved ones and friends using the social media button below.