Do you wish to become a part of the Snapchat community?
To enjoy all the dividend that comes with being a Snapchat user, you have to own an account on the platform.
The procedure of creating a Snapchat account is similar to the account creation process of many social networks.
To create a Snapchat account, you need a contact detail which you will use to receive the code you will use for verification.
Afterwards, you need to create a username to complete the account creation process. This is where most users get stuck.
If you create a username that is already in use, you will not be allowed to go further.
You will receive a “Username unavailable error” message from Snapchat.
You will have to keep trying different usernames until one is approved.
This is a stressful thing to do.
Why not find out the availability of the username you want to use on the platform before starting the procedure for creating your account?
Read through this article to learn how to check the availability of a username on Snapchat.
Snapchat Username Checker
Snapchat Username Checker by Primegate Digital is a free online tool that allows you to check whether a Snapchat username is available for sign up or not.
To verify Snapchat username availability, enter the proposed username or name in the given box and tap on the Check button.
Snapchat Username Checker
Check for Available Usernames with Ceeky Plugin
How to Check Snapchat Username Availability
- Open Snapchat Username Checker by Primegate Digital on your Android or iPhone device.
- Enter the username whose availability you want to confirm.
- Next, tap on the check button.
- Finally, you will see whether the Snapchat username is available or not.
Snapchat Username Availability Checker Tools
Username Availability Checker Tools are platforms and applications that help you surf through the platform you wish to generate a username for and confirm if the username you are proposing is available or is being used by another person.
Several platforms exist for this purpose, one of the best is the Snapchat username checker by Primegate Digital.
Check Snapchat Username Availability via the Snapchat App
You can leverage the fact that when you are creating an account on Snapchat, you get to know if a username is available or not.
You can attempt creating an account just to confirm the availability of the username you want to use.
Follow the steps below to do this.
- To make it easier for you, download the Snapchat application. You can download the iOS version or the Android version depending on the device that you are using.
- Launch the application and initiate the process of creating your Snapchat account by pressing the Sign Up button.
- You will be asked to put in your name. Do so in the column provided.
- The next detail that will be required of you is your birthday. Use the Calendar tool to select your birthday; the day, month and year.
- Then, you will be asked to create your username.
Enter the username you wish to confirm its availability. If the username is available, you will get to provide the password you want to use and enter the contact details needed for verification so that you can complete the registration process.
However, if the username is not available, a message will pop up informing you of the unavailability of the username.
At that point, you can stop the account creation and go and think up new username ideas.
You can employ the use of Username Generators to give you ideas on names to use.
On Snapchat, your username is different from your display name, however, it is a tool that people can use to find you on the platform.
Changing your username on Snapchat is not something you get to do over and over again in a short while. You should take your time and choose a username that is outstanding and relatable to your brand.
You should consider retaining the same username you use on other social networks if you are a business brand.
This is important for increasing the scope of your visibility in the online space.
Things to Note About Snapchat Usernames
Here are some things you should note as you intend to create your username.
- The username you are creating has to be 3 characters on the minimum and 15 characters on the maximum.
- The characters can only be Latin letters ie the alphabet, numbers and one of the following special characters; underscore (_), hyphen (-) and period (.).
- On Snapchat, your username must start with a letter and end with a letter or a number.
- Symbols like $, π, @, # etc. and emojis are not permitted to be used when creating your username.
- You cannot have spaces in your username.
- Once you have used a username, it cannot be reused by another including you.
This means that if you delete your username and decide to make use of it again in the future, you will not be allowed to do so.
- You have the luxury of changing your username only once a year. So, you have to be careful in choosing a name.
Now, let’s discover how you can check for the availability of the username you have chosen after putting everything that has been highlighted above into consideration.
How to Check Snapchat Username Availability FAQs
Can I use a deleted Snapchat username?
Snapchat does not allow its users to make use of their previous usernames that they have deleted.
The policy Snapchat operates with is once a username has been used, it cannot be reused.
How can I check my Snapchat username?
If you are not sure where you can find your username in your account on Snapchat, open your profile.
Underneath your display name on your profile page, you will find your username.
How do I check Snapchat username availability?
To check the availability of a username you wish to use for your Snapchat account, you can employ the use of external Snapchat username availability checker tools.
All you have to do is launch the website of any of the tools you wish to use.
Then, enter the username you are checking for and initiate the search.
It will run through the Snapchat platform and display the result of the search, informing you whether the username is available or not.
Another option is to try to create your Snapchat account and confirm if the username you want to use is available after you have entered the username.
Snapchat is an incredible platform that gives you the opportunity to create good pictures and share them with other users of the platform.
To own an account you need a unique username that has never been used.
To prevent getting the username not available error notification when you are opening your account, it is best to confirm if the Snapchat username you propose to use is available or not beforehand.