Are you interested in finding out the answer to the question, “if you Delete TikTok Will it Delete Your Drafts?”.
In this article, I will give you a conclusive answer to this interesting question.
One reason why you might want to delete TikTok is due to the large storage space it consumes on your smartphone.
Furthermore, the processes we have outlined here encompass a variety of operating systems, like Android and iOS.
Without further ado, I will get straight to business.
If You Delete TikTok, Will it Delete Your Drafts?
I have carried out plenty of experiments on this question and discovered that deleting your TikTok will also delete your drafts.
But don’t be frightened. In the second section of this article, I will reveal another method to protect your drafts from deletion even when you uninstall TikTok from your phone.
This implies that when you reinstall the app, your drafts will remain intact.
You can also check the status of your drafts after deleting TikTok by selecting the Draft menu on your TikTok profile.
This way, you will see your saved drafts. Navigate to the upper section of the page; then you will find a message stating that: “Only you can see your drafts. Uninstalling TikTok will discord all drafts“.
The reason why your entire drafts are deleted whenever you delete TikTok is that your drafts are not stored on TikTok servers. They are rather stored on your phone.
Thus, uninstalling TikTok from your phone will lead to your data and drafts being deleted.
Does Deleting TikTok Will it Delete Your Drafts
Unfortunately, the answer is yes.
This is because TikTok does not save your draft on their servers. They are locally stored on your device.
Hence, if you log in to your TikTok account from a different device, you won’t find your drafts.
Deleting your TikTok app on iOS or Android deletes your drafts.
Ways to Delete TikTok Without Deleting Your Drafts
I have discovered two effective methods of deleting TikTok without deleting drafts.
This method will reveal how to offload TikTok rather than outrightly deleting it. In this article, I will show you the benefits of this approach.
Launch Your Smartphone’s Settings
This method is effective for both iOS and Android mobile devices.
Head to Storage Settings
- After accessing the device settings, navigate to the storage settings,
- For those using an iOS smartphone, select “General.”
- Next, you have to choose “iPhone Storage.”
- Navigate down the list till you find the TikTok option.
- Select TikTok after spotting it.
Remove TikTok from Your Smartphone
- Next, you will find the option to offload TikTok.
- Offloading the app on Android is quite the same for iOS smartphones.
- Once you are set, select the option for “Offload App.”
- Select “Offload App” once more to finalize your decision. This is important.
Reinstall TikTok on Your Smartphone
Now that you wish to reinstall TikTok because you know about offloading an app, you can do this very easily.
- Return to your storage settings and find the page where you offloaded the TikTok app.
- Next, look for “TikTok” and select it. Then, select the “Reinstall App” option.
- After this, the app will begin installing, and all files and data related to the app will be restored.
Ensure you check this on your mobile device after the process is completed.
In the next method, I will reveal how you can secretly upload your drafts to your profile, hidden from others. It will be saved to TikTok’s servers, so even when your TikTok is uninstalled, it will not be deleted.
Launch the TikTok App
Before anything else, launch the TikTok app and ensure you are signed in or access the account with the drafts you wish to save.
Choose the TikTok Draft You Wish to Save
- Next, you have to choose the TikTok draft you wish to save or secretly upload to your account.
- To access your TikTok drafts, select the profile option on the right of the lower navigation bar.
- Now, you will find your drafts option. Select it. This will give you access to your total drafts.
- Then, you have to select the first draft you wish to save or privately upload. You can see a preview of the video and even customize it further.
- If you wish to proceed to the next step, select “Next” in the box.
- Then, the “post” page will appear.
Post the TikTok Privately
- Find the “Visible” option with the lock option.
- Now, the default setup is “Visible to everyone.” Select it.
- Next, specify who can view this video. You can change it to “yourself.”
- Next, when you upload the video. It will only be accessible to you.
- Go through the process for individual draft videos that you wish to upload to your account.
- If you wish to view them, they can easily be accessed from your mobile device, and you can customize them on TikTok and upload them for everyone to see.
- Next, once you uninstall TikTok, the videos you have uploaded will stay on the website because they are archived on TikTok’s server.
- To access the videos that you have configured as “yourself” in the privacy settings, you only need to select the lock option on your profile.
Offloading: Here is What it Means?
Offloading is a way to delete an app from your smartphone while retaining the data and files from the application.
For instance, if you uninstall TikTok, however, its data and files (including your drafts) will still be available on your phone. This means that if you install the app once more, you will find everything unchanged.
Your drafts won’t be removed from your device, together with your account data stored on TikTok.
One major downside is that the files and data (including the drafts) will stay in your phone and clutter storage space. Thus, if you are interested in more space for other activities or apps, it will occupy it. However, it is easy to clear the data and files at any time you wish.
For iOS users, they can directly check the amount of storage the data and files occupy on their devices. The information is available in their storage settings.
If You Delete TikTok Will it Delete Your Drafts FAQs
When I uninstall TikTok, does it affect my drafts?
Yes, mostly. Once you uninstall TikTok, it will remove your drafts.
TikTok drafts are neither stored on the server nor in your phone’s gallery.
How do I uninstall TikTok without deleting my drafts in the process?
If you uninstall the TikTok app, the drafts that are stored on your smartphone will be deleted.
However, I have outlined solutions to this issue.
In the second section of the article, I put across two techniques that can help you eliminate these problems.
I deleted TikTok. What’s next?
The app will be removed from your device, whether on Android or iOS.
Note that uninstalling the app will delete your files.
You also have to deactivate your account if you want to take a break from the platform.
What happens next when you deactivate your TikTok account?
After deactivating your account, it will stay in the “deactivated” phase for about a month.
If you do not log in within this span of time, you will lose your account data and content.
Why should I delete TikTok?
There are great reasons for deleting TikTok. They include:
- It is not privacy-friendly. TikTok can negatively affect your and your family’s privacy.
- It leaves you susceptible to negative comments. Bad comments are not good for your mental health.
- There are plenty of fake accounts and scams. These accounts are trying to pry on unsuspecting users.
Should I delete TikTok and sign up again?
If you have less than a hundred or lower view counts, you likely have a zombie account, so remove and reinstall it. If your videos have around a thousand to three thousand views, your account can be categorized as a “mid-tier account.” Videos above ten thousand views are regarded as “head” accounts.
Why is my TikTok video not popular?
The reason may be that your video is not funny or relatable.
While no single strategy will absolutely improve your content, adding humor and relatability to your post will add a lot of value.
TikTok users enjoy funny videos.
Who is the owner of TikTok?
TikTok was introduced in 2016.
It exploded in popularity during the covid-19 pandemic and is one of the few apps with a billion downloads.
The app is managed and owned by tech company ByteDance.
Why has my TikTok suddenly dropped in view?
This is a sign that your video is “under review.” When this happens, TikTok will send a notification to your account. This happens to ensure your video meets their commercial guidelines.
I am changing my mobile device. What will happen to my TikTok drafts?
Your drafts on TikTok are not instantly saved to the cloud, which means you can’t directly access them.
Thus, you will have to store them directly in your new phone’s storage.
Use the second method listed above to save the draft as a private video, then store it on your old phone and access it from your new phone.
In this article, I have answered the question, “If You Delete TikTok Will it Delete Your Drafts?”.
I hope this article has been helpful and has presented you with practical solutions to deleting the TikTok app without removing your drafts.