If you’re an active Facebook user, chances are that you have been receiving a lot of text messages about Facebook and your account from 32665.
You’re not alone on this.
32666 is the text number that Facebook uses to send communication to users on the platform.
There has been report by users about how Facebook has been sending them unsolicited text messages from 32665 number.
Though Facebook clarified that this was a glitch.
The annoying part of it is that, any attempt to respond to the text message, the response will be posted to Facebook or under the post that triggered the text message from Facebook.
- 1 What Does a Text From 32665 Mean?
- 2 Is Text From 32665 Scam or Legit
- 3 Why am I Getting Text Messages From 32665
- 4 How to Stop Text Messages from 32665
- 5 How to Turn Off Text Notifications on Facebook Desktop
- 6 How to Turn Off Text Notifications on Facebook App
- 7 Other Ways to Switch off Text Notification From Facebook
- 8 Conclusion
What Does a Text From 32665 Mean?
Text from 32665 is from Facebook, notifying users of certain activities related to their account.
User can respond to the text message as a way of updating their Facebook account. So, reply to 32665 text will be posted a status update or reply to a comment.
For example, if it was a text message notifying you about a friends birthday, your reply to the 32665 text will be posted as a birthday wish on their Facebook timeline.
And if it was a comment, it will be posted as a response on that specific post.
Therefore, any text to 32665 will be reflected on your Facebook account.
Is Text From 32665 Scam or Legit
Text code from 32665 is not a scam. It is a notification from Facebook on certain activities going on your Facebook account.
You should not panic when you receive a text message from 32665.
In addition, you can text to 32665 to post an update on your Facebook account.
Why am I Getting Text Messages From 32665
You’re getting text messages from 32665 because you’re a Facebook user. It is channel of communication from Facebook.
The following activities can trigger a 32665 text from Facebook:
- Comment on your Facebook post.
- Friend’s birthday.
- Facebook confirmation code request.
- Password reset on Facebook etc.
How to Stop Text Messages from 32665
Most people have asked, ” can I stop text messages from 32665?” The answer is yes.
You can stop text from 32665 number by simply sending the word “STOP” to to 32665.
Once you send it, you will receive an immediate message that your SMS notifications have been successfully stopped.
How to Turn Off Text Notifications on Facebook Desktop
Perhaps you’re still getting text notification from 32665, you can stop it by turning off notifications from Facebook site or the Facebook app.
On Facebook, there’s also an option to turn off text notifications. This will stop every form of text notification from 32665 number.
To turn off text notification on Facebook, follow the steps below:
- Login to Facebook from the app or website.
- Navigate to Settings & Privacy.
- Next, click on Settings.
- Then tap on Notifications at the left menun.
- Under Notifications Settings, click on SMS and change it to Only about your account.
- Proceed to turn off SMS notification under comments, tags, reminders, etc.
How to Turn Off Text Notifications on Facebook App
The steps to turn of text notification on Facebook mobile app is pretty similar to the desktop.
Here’s how to turn off text notifications on Facebook app:
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Tap on the Settings icon (hamburger menu option).
- Next, find the Notification settings from the list of options.
- Open Text Messaging and then go ahead to edit the default notification option.
- Tap the Not Now on the next page and also unselect all the options listed under Get notifications about option.
There’s also a slightly different way to stop text messaging notification from Facebook.
- Go to your account Settings and tap on Notifications settings.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose SMS option and change the default selection to Only about your account.
- Unselect all options below to ensure that you did not approve any text messaging notification from Facebook.
Other Ways to Switch off Text Notification From Facebook
Contact Facebook Customer Support
Perhaps, you have tried all the recommendations above and you are still receiving text messages from 32665, you can contact Facebook support or use the Facebook live chat agent option.
This should be the last resort if every other thing fails.
Getting text from 32665 can be very annoying especially when you don’t need them.
Following this guide, you should have known why you are getting text from 32665 and how to stop it.