TikTok is a great new frontier in video content marketing. It has grown to over 500 million users and is the third most downloaded app in the first year. It’s an excellent platform for businesses to grow, especially if you’re looking to reach young adults.
The best time to post TikTok videos is when you’re having fun and being spontaneous. You don’t want to be too serious when posting, because that won’t work as well.
You don’t have to be a professional to create great content for your business. Even if you are just starting out, you can still benefit from learning about best practices in video creation and editing.
However, if you truly want to have engaging TikTok content, your videos must be optimally formatted for the platform.
This makes it important to have the right video length and size to become successful with TikTok.
In this article, you will learn TikTok video length and video formatting best practices.
Without any further ado, let’s get started.
TikTok Video Length
Length is the first thing to think about when it comes to TikTok success.
Before now, TikTok videos could only be 15 seconds in length, but they recently extended the limit to 60 seconds when you string four 15-second segments together.
This applies to videos that are recorded on the app. It can be more than 60 seconds if the video was created elsewhere.
Video Formatting for TikTok
As you have known already, your TikTok specifications is a very important factor when it comes to the engagement that you are able to drive on the platform.
Below are some of the TikTok specifications to consider for your videos:
- TikTok File Size: The TikTok video size for iOS can be up to 287.6 MB, or 72 MB on Android. For TikTok ads, the video size can be up to 500 MB.
- TikTok Orientation: There are two ways of viewing TikTok. You can view it vertically which makes the videos appear like a movie or landscape, or horizontally which makes the videos look like a comic strip or square. A vertically-formatted TikTok video is best, but you may also view it in horizontal format.
- TikTok Dimensions: TikTok video dimensions and resolution should be 1080×1920 pixels
- TikTok Aspect Ratio: The aspect ratio should be the same as the standard smartphone screen, 9:16. A square aspect ratio (1:1) would also work, but it wouldn’t take up the entire screen.
- TikTok File Type: TikTok supports a lot of file types, including .mp4 and .mov files as well as .avi and.gif files for ads.
Can I Use Third-Party Apps to Create TikTok Video?
Absolutely yes! There are many apps that can help you create a TikTok video.
Some are better than others, but if you want to be on the safe side, it’s best to use an app that is trusted and has a good review to create your video and then upload it to TikTok.
See Also: How To View a Private TikTok Account
Third-Party Apps to Create TikTok Videos
Below are some great apps to help you create a TikTok video and upload it with the right dimension.
You can download these apps in your AppStore for iOS or PlayStore for Andriod. These apps are designed with the right dimension for your TikTok videos.
With the right TikTok video dimension and resolution, you’re a step closer to having a viral TikTok video.
I hope that this article on TikTok video length and video formatting guide helps you get started with your TikTok content.
- How To Automatically Unfollow Everyone On TikTok
- Easy Way To Remove Unwanted Videos From TikTok
- How To Add Clickable Link In TikTok Bio
Recommended Tools to start out as a TikTok Influencer with a Bang!