Kik is among the biggest instant messaging platforms today. Kik allows users to join public groups and engage with other group members.
However, many users on the platform have mentioned that they can’t join Kik groups. If you have experienced similar issues and wish to rectify them, then you are reading the right article.
I have explained ways you can rectify the “Can’t I Join Kik Groups” issue here. I have offered different fixes that will assist you in rectifying the annoying Kik issue.
You simply have to try out the steps outlined in this post, and you should get rid of this issue.
I have also compiled the reasons why you are experiencing the “Can’t I Join Kik Groups” issue.
So for users currently experiencing this problem on Kik, all they have to do is try out the steps below, and the problem will be rectified without hassles.
Why Can’t I join Kik Groups?
You won’t find a specific reason for the “Can’t I Join Kik Groups” problem on this popular social messaging app.
However, in this section, I will analyze the most common reasons why users experience this issue.
Your Account has Been Banned
Your Kik account may be restricted or banned for a few days if you have breached their community standards.
If this happens, you might be prevented from joining Kik groups.
The duration of a temporary account ban can range from 20 to 30 days. After this period, your account will be unblocked.
This is the most likely reason for the “Can’t I Join Kik Groups” issue.
Another reason for the “Can’t Join Kik Groups” issue is a bug in the Kik app.
A bug or glitch can cause the Kik app to malfunction severely, and users can encounter all these types of issues on this platform.
At times, when Kik servers are offline or unavailable, and you attempt to join a Kik group, you may be unsuccessful.
Thus, it is likely a cause of this issue.
You may encounter issues while trying to join a Kik group if the app cache is corrupt or has accumulated over time.
This usually happens when you haven’t cleared the app cache for a while.
Regardless of the reason behind the problem, the fixes below will help you get rid of the issue in no time.
How To Fix the “Can’t Join Kik Groups” Issue
Log Out and Re-login
Before anything else, you should try rectifying the Kik issue by logging out of your account and re-login.
I have outlined how you can easily do this.
Check out this detailed guide on how to re-login your Kik account below.
- Start by launching the Kik app on your smartphone.
- Next, select your profile photo and select the log-out option.
- Now, access the login page and log in with your username and password.
That’s all. Check if the issue has been rectified, and you can easily join the group.
Force Stop Kik
The next step to take if the problem persists is to force stop the Kik app.
When you force stop the app, it stops it from running in the background and terminates its processes.
So you need to do this first before joining a new Kik group.
We have outlined the steps involved in force stopping the Kik app on your smartphone.
- Start by accessing your device’s settings menu on your smartphone.
- Next, navigate to App Management and select the App List option from here.
- Look for the Kik app and select it.
- Next, select “Force Stop” to force stop it.
Launch the Kik app on your smartphone.
Check if the issue persists.
If your Kik account is permanently restricted or banned, then you should change the account.
Set up a new account to easily join Kik groups.
Since banned accounts on Kik are restricted from carrying out specific tasks or accessing certain features, you should create a new account if you wish to continue using the platform as usual.
However, rather than creating a new account, you have to take concrete measures.
Here’s how to do this easily:
- Start by uninstalling the Kik app from your smartphone. Do this by navigating to the Settings app, selecting App Management, and then tapping App List.
- Search for Kik and select it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” option to remove the app from your device.
- Next, install a good VPN app on your smartphone and enable the VPN to connect to a server.
- Then, you have to select the “Sign up” button and create a new account.
That’s all. Next, try to see if the issue is fixed by joining a Kik group.
Install the Latest Version of Kik
If your Kik app is outdated or obsolete, you will experience glitches and issues.
Thus, if you have issues joining Kik groups, ensure you check if the app is updated to the most recent version.
If not, then install a new update.
Below, I have explained how to do this easily.
Here is a step-by-step guide to updating your Kik app.
- Start by launching the Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Next, navigate to the search bar.
- Type “Kik app” and tap enter.
- Select the “Update” button to install the app’s most recent update.
Access the Kik app and check if the issue persists.
An effective way to fix the “Can’t Join Kik Groups” issue is to clear the app cache.
In this section, I will explain how to simply clear the app cache.
All you have to do is to follow the steps outlined below.
- To begin, launch the “Settings” menu on your smartphone.
- Next, navigate to App Management and then select “App List.”
- Then, select the Kik app and navigate to the “Storage” option.
- Lastly, select “Clear cache” and “Clear data” to clear the app cache.
Next, launch the app, log in with your details and check if the issue persists.
Confirm if Kik is Down
Kik app servers may go offline at times.
When this happens, you will encounter issues when joining Kik groups.
Thus, you have to confirm if Kik servers are up and available.
If you see reports that the servers are down, there’s nothing more to do than wait until they are restored.
So be sure to confirm if those servers are available and use the app during times that the servers are online.
Just as important as the rest, reinstalling the Kik app on your smartphone can help you rectify the “Can’t Join Kik Groups” issue.
This can help you completely solve the Kik issue.
Follow the steps below to reinstall the Kik app:
- First, launch the Settings app on your device.
- Select App management and then tap App List.
- Tap “Uninstall.”
- Navigate to your Play Store app and install the most recent version of the Kik app on your smartphone.
Check if the problem is fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t join groups on Kik
This occurs due to an annoying bug that prevents users from accessing or joining a Kik group, no matter the number of times they try.
A common reason for this may be that the key you are using to join the group is incorrect.
If this is the case, ensure you get the correct key from other group members.
What’s the easiest way to join a Kik group?
- Select the “+” button from your chat list.
- Select the Public Groups button.
- You can either navigate to the search bar and look for a topic or browse the popular searches section.
- Select any Public Group from the list to get further details about their membership.
- Select “Join” to become a member of the group.
- Start interacting with other members.
What are the most reliable ways to rectify issues on Kik?
- Install a new update to the Kik app.
- Clear your app cache.
- Log out and re-login
How do I join a private Kik group?
An invitation is the simplest way to join a private Kik group through the group link or QR scan.
What are some illegal activities on Kik?
The following activities violate Kik’s community standards:
- Encourage crime or undertake criminal activity via the app.
- Use the app to distribute sexual or pornographic content.
- Promoting hate crime and ethnic bigotry on the app.
What are the best alternatives to Kik?
- Facebook Messenger.
What do people use Kik for?
The major purpose of Kik is to interact, engage and exchange messages.
Can Kik users be banned?
Yes. If your account doesn’t adhere to the Kik community guidelines, your account will be banned or temporarily restricted.
The Kik app is home to millions of users who use the platform to chat with themselves.
If you have encountered issues joining Kik groups on the app, I have provided suggestions in this article.