Last updated on January 31st, 2023 at 05:27 pm
TikTok is a social media platform that allows users to create, upload and share short videos with their followers.
When TikTok was launched, the perception most people had of it was it was an online playground for youngsters.
Slowly, it gained momentum and has pulled users from many demographics leading to about three billion downloads.
The perception has also changed such that companies, and personal brands now allocate budgets for marketing and advertisement on TikTok.
And there is probably no day you don’t come across a TikTok video on different social media platforms.
All these progress regardless, so many people for some reason are experiencing difficulty with their TikTok accessing camera.
So, in this article, you will see just how to go about enabling camera access on TikTok.
How to Turn on TikTok Camera on Android
With an Android device, if you’ve been facing difficulties trying to enable your camera access on TikTok, then you should follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Click on ”Apps and notifications.”
- Select the ”See all apps” option.
- Scroll down and click on “TikTok.”
- Tap on “Permissions.”
- Select the “Camera” option.
- Click on “Allow only when using the app” to turn on this option and enable camera access.
- Carefully follow the same steps for “Microphone”.
In order to be sure that your TikTok app now has access to the camera, you’ll have to relaunch that app and try opening a new story view.
How to Enable Camera Access On TikTok iPhone
I can only imagine how frustrating it might be to not have access to your TikTok camera on your iPhone.
But first things first, you need to be sure that you’ve granted permission for the TikTok app.
Just like other apps, TikTok also needs to be granted permission like microphone, camera, photos app etc to comfortably use this app on an iPhone without restrictions.
If you’re using the app for the first time on your iPhone, the TikTok app will automatically ask for permissions.
In case you missed out on that, kindly follow the steps below to turn on camera access from the settings app.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Take a scroll down and click on TikTok.
- Under the “Allow TikTok to access” option, turn ON the Camera.
Then you’re good to go. If your iPhone is having storage issues, you might just have to free up storage space.
How to Enable Camera Access On TikTok From Privacy Settings
Here’s another option, I think it’s best you know this too.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click on privacy.
- Tap on the Camera.
- Toggle the TikTok switch to on.
What to do if You can’t Grant TikTok Access to Camera
Restart Your iPhone
If you’ve tried all the options, and your TikTok app is still unable to access your iPhone camera, then you have to force restart your iPhone.
Check For Screen Time Restrictions
The Screen Time, content and Privacy restrictions are really helpful especially when it comes to letting us know and also keeping us alert to know when we’ve reached the daily limit for the usage of a particular app.
This includes the TikTok app. You need to enable your camera access on TikTok. The steps below will put you through.
- Open the Settings app.
- Swipe down and click on Screen Time.
- Click on Content and Privacy Restrictions.
- Tap on Allowed.
- Turn on the Camera.
- Go to the previous screen and select photos.
- Make sure to check the Allow changes option.
- Toggle on TikTok.
Turn Off Low Power Mode
Low Power Mode is mostly turned on with the aim of saving battery on the iPhone.
At the same time, while saving battery on the iPhone, it also automatically turns off the battery-draining features of the app.
If you mistakenly enabled this feature, and you want to turn it off, the guide below will help.
- Open the Settings section on your iPhone
- Go down to the battery, and click on it.
- Turn off Low Power Mode on iPhone.
Reinstall the TikTok App
Reinstalling your TikTok app is definitely another way to fix the issue of not being able to enable camera access on TikTok.
Because it completely clears all the cache and data that are associated with the app.
You don’t have to be worried because your profile is safe, it’s only the data on your app that will be cleared.
- Touch and long hold the TikTok icon until you realize it’s shaking.
- Click on the (x) TikTok app to delete the app.
- You can always download the app again from the App store.
- After you’ve reinstalled the app, once you open the TikTok app, you’ll be asked for permissions.
- Allow it.
Reset All Your Settings
Just in case you’ve tried all the other options above, and the camera access hasn’t still been enabled on TikTok, then you’ll have to try this.
Reset all customized settings on your iPhone to the default settings
How to Reset All Settings On iPhone
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on “General“.
- Tap on “Transfer or Reset iPhone“.
- Click on “Reset“.
- Finally, tap on “Reset All Settings”. For security reasons, you will be asked to input your Passcode.
- Select Confirm Reset All Settings
- The iPhone will reboot, this might take some time.
How to Enable Camera Access on TikTok FAQs
What is the easiest way to enable camera access on TikTok?
I understand that sometimes you might not want to go through so much protocol.
The easiest way you can actually enable camera access on TikTok is to press the “Allow only when using the app” option once it appears. This notification only comes up the very first time you launch the TikTok app.
Be careful not to click on “deny”.
Why won’t my TikTok enable camera and microphone access?
First of all, you need to check if your phone’s software is actually up to date.
And if TikTok still cannot have access to your camera, then go to “settings” and click on “apps”.
Search for TikTok with the aid of your search icon and click on “Permissions”.
Go ahead to click on “camera” and then on “Allow only when using the app”.
Do well to activate the microphone as well.
TikTok is popularly known for its amazing and exciting features.
TikTok makes it easy for you and your friends to share memorable times with your friends, family members and followers.
Your newly installed TikTok app will just be perfect for that. The app will let you make, edit and share videos with your friends with the app.
But that won’t be possible if you didn’t enable camera access on your TikTok.
In case you didn’t do that immediately after launching your app, this article will serve as a guide to make the whole process easy for you.