With the increasing number of social media users, cyberbullying, irrelevant content on Facebook is on the rise. And because of this, you might decide to block someone on Facebook without them knowing.
How then do you block someone on Facebook?
This article is a complete guide on how to block someone on Facebook without them knowing.
Without any further ado, let’s get started.
- 1 What is Blocking on Facebook?
- 2 If I Block Someone On Facebook, Will They Know?
- 3 Is a Facebook Block Permanent?
- 4 What Happens When You Block Someone on Facebook?
- 5 How to Block Someone on Facebook Without Them Knowing
- 6 Conclusion
What is Blocking on Facebook?
Blocking someone is a restriction placed on an account that prevents such an account from carrying it certain actions.
It is best that you follow community guidelines, avoid social bullying and offensive comments to avoid your Facebook account being blocked.
Anyone can block an account on Facebook. It is doesn’t matter how long you have been on Facebook, you can block a user.
If I Block Someone On Facebook, Will They Know?
When you block someone on Facebook, they will never know that you blocked them. This is because Facebook doe not notify them that you have blocked their account.
However, they will not be able to see any of your Facebook posts and also they can’t search you on Facebook and you will be invisible to them.
See Also: How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account
Is a Facebook Block Permanent?
No, it is not permanent. You can decide how long you want to block an account and choose when you want to unlock your friend.
What Happens When You Block Someone on Facebook?
There are certain restrictions that come with blocking someone on Facebook. They can no long:
- Tag your Facebook account in a post
- Send an event or group invite to you
- View any post on your timeline
- Message you on Facebook
- Add send you a friend request.
What this simply means is that, blocking someone on Facebook automatically unfriend them. Therefore, you have to think through it before taking such action.
How to Block Someone on Facebook Without Them Knowing
You can block someone that you bullying or shaming you on Facebook easily and super fast. Note that when you block someone on Facebook, they don’t get notified of your action by Facebook.
So no worries! They won’t know that you have blocked them on Facebook.
How to Block Someone on Facebook Using the App
To block someone on Facebook using a smartphone, follow the steps below:
- Launch your Facebook app and log in to your account
- At the bottom right corner of your profile, click on the three horizontal bars tagged “Menu”
- Proceed to click the Gear icon (Settings) to get to “Settings & Privacy”
- Scroll down and click on the “Blocking” option
- Tap on “Add to block list” to add the person you want to block to the list
- Click on “Block” to confirm that you want to block the selected friend
This is how to block someone on Facebook using mobile.
See Also: How to Delete Facebook Dating Profile
How to Block Someone on Facebook Using Desktop
- Visit www.facebook.com on your browser and log in to your account
- Tap on the arrow down icon just after the notification bell at the top right of your screen
- Click on “Settings & Privacy”
- Next, click on “Settings”
- At the left menu, click on the “Blocking” option
- Under the block user section, enter the name of the user that you wish to block onFacebook.
Following the steps above, you will be able to block someone on Facebook without them knowing.
One of the ways to stay healthy on social media is to ensure that you are consuming relevant information. If you notice that someone is using offensive and abusive words for you, you can block them.
With this guide, you should already know how to block someone on Facebook without them knowing.