Facebook has expanded its privacy features to allow users full control of their profiles. The Facebook privacy setup for a friend list is one of the most vital to its users.
You don’t need to completely block Facebook users in order to hide your profile or stop them from viewing their friend connected to you.
At a click of a settings button, you can achieve this. And the Facebook privacy settings make it easy and secure to take action that allows you to hide your Facebook friends lists from other people.
Just below your cover photo, Facebook has a friend’s list tab on your profile page. This feature is designed to show all your friends to everyone who lands on your profile.
What if you don’t want everyone to see your Facebook friend list? How then do you hide mutual friends on Facebook?
In this guide, we will walk you through how to remove mutual friends on Facebook.
Without much ado, let’s deep dive into the step by step on how to turn off mutual friends on Facebook.
What are the Benefits of Hidding Mutual Friend List on Facebook?
Hackers and scammers are compromising Facebook users account by gaining unauthorized access to the account and cloning the account.
They proceed to replicate the personal bio, photos and videos from their profiles on a brand new Facebook account just like the original one.
Therefore, hiding your Facebook friends list will help prevent and eliminate scammers from having an eye on your Facebook account. It is another safe way to secure your Facebook account.
What Device Can I Use to Hide Mutual Friends List on Facebook?
To make changes to your Facebook privacy settings and hide your Facebook mutual friends list, you can do it from any device.
You can make use of devices such as iPhone, Andriod, iPad, PC (Mac, Windows). The amazing part is that you can choose to hide your Facebook friend list from everyone except someone or a particular person.
How to Hide Mutual Friends List on Facebook
The way to hide a mutual friend list on Facebook is to unfriend those mutual friends from your friend’s list and they will never be shown on your profile as mutual friends.
Besides that, below are the diverse ways that you can use hide your friends on Facebook:
1. Hide Friends On Facebook From Other Friends
The new custom settings added by Facebook allows you to maximize the feature to hide your friends list from someone or show all friends only to certain persons.
The custom privacy settings allow you to hide your friends list on Facebook. Below is how you can hide friends list on Facebook:
- Login to your Facebook account
- On your profile section at the top right, click on the pencil icon from the friends tab
- Proceed to click on the “Edit privacy” icon
- Tap on “Custom” with the gear icon
- A “Custom privacy” pop-up will appear with two options: Share with and Don’t share with. If you go with the option that says Share with, the Facebook friends list added will be visible to only them. The list will be private to others.
- With the Don’t share with” option, you can decide to hide your Facebook mutual friends list from certain users when added to the section. The friends list will be invisible to them.
- Proceed to confirm that it is done and click on “Save Changes”
- Once the custom settings are activated, navigate to tap on “Done” to have the settings affected.
Following the steps above, it is easy to hide your Facebook friends list from people.
2. How to Hide Facebook Friends List from PC
You can hide your Facebook friends list from PC by following the steps below:
- Login to your Facebook account
- Navigate to your Facebook profile page
- You will see the friends tab, tap on it. All of your Facebook friends will be displayed
- Proceed to click on “Manage” through the pencil icon
- After that, you will have to Edit the privacy option. Tap on it and a new pop up section will open where you have another privacy option appear.
- You will find the friend list tab in the upper section, and on the right side, you will see the “Public” tab. Click on it to reveal the drop-down menu.
- Go ahead to select the “Only me” option and tap on it.
- Click on “Done” and save the settings.
3. How to Hide Facebook Friends List on Android
Perhaps you’re using a smartphone, below is how you can hide your Facebook friends list on Andriod.
- Launch your mobile browser and visit m.facebook.com to log in to your Facebook account. Enter your email address and password to log in
- Once you’ve successfully logged in to your Facebook account, navigate to your profile where you will see the “Friends” tabs and tap on them.
- In this section, you will see the “Public” option from the drop-down menu which implies that your Facebook friends list is viewable by everyone. Proceed to click on more to access more options from the menu
- From the more section, you will see Friends, Only me just like Public. To hide your Facebook friends list, select the “Only me” option.
This is how you can hide your Facebook friends list on android, easy as A-B-C.
Is It Possible to Hide Mutual Friends on Facebook?
At the moment, there’s no option to hide only mutual friends on Facebook. However, you can hide unique friends between your friend and yourself.
It is very important to know that there’s no limitation to having a chat with someone that is not on your friend’s list. The message will drop in the “Message Request” section.
From there, you can access the message and begin a conversation.
Through this guide, you should be able to find out how to hide mutual friends list on Facebook as well as hide all Facebook friends from everyone on Facebook.