On Snapchat, it’s common for users to attempt to remove annoying members from their group chat.
Although social media is a vehicle for engagement, it can occasionally become a toxic atmosphere that defeats its purpose, and this can happen even in groups that were not previously noxious.
The concept of Snapchat is simplistic: a user takes a Snapshot and shares it with a particular user, group or puts it on their Snap Story.
Users can also send and receive messages, pictures, and brief video messages to their friends, and after a sequence of Snaps has been launched, a Snap streak is generated. Users can also engage with brands and businesses that provide professionally crafted Stories in multiple episodes.
Snapchat claims that group chats are effortless to set up, but removing someone from a group chat isn’t so simple.
In fact, removing somebody from a chat is so hard that users sometimes find it easier to simply ignore the annoying group member.
This is because Snapchat does not allow members of a group to be removed from it by anyone else.
Don’t be distraught. This article will analyse how to remove someone from Snapchat group.
See Also: How To Get Verified On Snapchat For FREE
Snapchat Group Explained
Group is a brand-new feature that has been rolled out by the Snapchat team.
On Snapchat, you can now form groups with no more than 31 friends with whom you can engage, communicate and have fun.
Whenever you start a group chat or become a member of one, a group story will automatically be created.
In addition, this Group Chat will appear on the Friends Screen by default, and if you can’t find it, you can try using the search bar.
Here are some features common to Snapchat groups:
- After twenty-four hours, every message or conversation sent to the Group is deleted.
- Group chat messages can easily be saved. To save them, simply press and hold the messages. Messages that have been saved will have a grey backdrop, and other group members will be able to see them.
- Whenever any group member is active online and sees chat messages, you will see their name bubble lit up and pop up beside your screen.
- A quick way to view any of your friend’s profiles is by tapping on their name bubble.
- If a group member isn’t your friend and you tap on his name bubble, you will be given an opportunity to add him.
- Group members who have viewed or accessed a snap will have their names appear underneath it instantly.
- Group members have the option to view and playback snaps sent to them.
- In a group chat, the core Snapchat features, for instance, pressing down a chat message to see whoever accessed or saved it, are available.
- There are no “snap streaks” features.
- Once you exit the Group Chat, all your snaps and chat messages will be deleted.
Is it Possible to Remove Someone from Snapchat Group?
Sad to say, there is no feature on Snapchat that will allow you to remove anyone from the group. As a result, it’s not possible to kick someone out of a Snapchat group directly.
Group members can remain in a group indefinitely until they exit or the group is disbanded.
This may or may not be a challenge in your group, depending on individual conduct. It could lead to unending problems or disagreements, particularly if the other person is troublesome.
How to Remove Someone from Snapchat Group
Fortunately, there are other ways of removing an annoying person from a group.
Even though there is an absence of a feature that can help get rid of anyone from a Snapchat group, there are a few workarounds.
There are four ways to get rid of a nuisance in your Snapchat group. However, keep in mind that none of these strategies is guaranteed to work all the time.
If none of the ideas is successful, you might want to explore platforms with more effective group management.
Here’s a thorough list of removing people from your Snapchat group ideas:
Request that the Person Leave
It may appear harsh and confrontational, but this is a great way to rid your group of annoying members.
You can request that the member exit the group in the first instance. Their conversations and snaps will be erased from the group immediately after they exit.
However, if you are uncomfortable with the issue, find it difficult to communicate, or fear it would cause major problems, you have to find a different solution. Continue with the second strategy below.
See Also: How To Fix Snapchat Can’t Load Image
Set up a New Group
You can form a new group with the help of other members. This is likely the best option, especially if you need to still catch up with conversations urgently.
When creating a new group, ensure that the annoying individual you want to remove is unaware of it. Find out how to start a new group in the paragraph below.
How to Set Up a Snapchat Group from Scratch
Setting up a new group is an effective way to exclude an annoying fellow from disrupting your conversation. The good thing is that creating a new Snapchat group is very simple. It only involves just a couple of minutes and some easy steps.
When you have finished setting up a new group, you can begin sending Snaps and chatting about particular topics.
By creating a new Snapchat group, you will successfully exclude someone from causing problems.
Here’s a simple way to create a Snapchat group:
- Open the Snapchat mobile app.
- Navigate to the Friends screen, tap the conversation bubble in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the top corner of the page, select the New Chat option.
- Select the option to create a new group.
- Browse your Friend list. All you have to do at this stage is to tap on the names of your friends to include them in the group.
- Tap Chat with the Group once you’ve finished selecting friends.
You have successfully set up a new group. You can connect with other members by sending Snaps, chatting, or playing games.
Exit the Group
If you’ve requested that the person leave but refuse, quitting the group is a reasonable solution.
It is definitely smarter to exit the conversation than to continue interacting with someone that has no respect for you. Just ensure it isn’t an all-important group so you don’t lose any vital information.
How to Exit a Snapchat Group
How to Exit a Snapchat Group You have the right to exit a Snapchat group whenever you want and for reasons best known to you. But take heed, on leaving a Snapchat group, all of your snaps and chat messages are instantly deleted.
This is a permanent action, so after you leave, it would be impossible to go back to the chats or snaps.
If you’re serious about leaving a Snapchat group, follow these steps:
- Proceed to the Friends screen on your Snapchat mobile app.
- Press and hold on to the group you wish to leave.
- Tap More and choose the Leave Group.
- Confirm your decision to quit the group chat through the confirmation box.
- Instead of quitting the group and deleting all of your conversations, you might want to consider another option.
- To avoid being annoyed by the group, choose silent message notifications. This allows you to stay in the group without being bombarded with notifications.
How to Add Friends to Snapchat Group
Let’s imagine you’ve been missing some friends and would like to invite them to join your group. Or you’ve made some new friends and need them to join your group. How do you get them in?
Snapchat enables up to 32 people and lets you invite new users.
Inviting friends to a Snapchat group is quick and simple.
Follow the steps below to add friends to your group:
- From your phone’s menu, open the Snapchat application.
- To add someone to your group, navigate to the Friends page and long-press the group you would like them to join.
- Tap Add Members to Group from the drop-down menu that appears after selecting More.
- Select friends from your friends list to invite to the group.
- Make sure you select the right people to join your group. Because there is no way to delete a Snapchat group, it will continue to exist indefinitely.
- So be sure the people you choose aren’t going to cause problems for the group, or you’ll have to resort to one of the options listed above.
Ghost Them (Bonus)
To remove anyone from a Snapchat group chat, you can’t just tap the trash logo that indicates “Remove.”
No one can be removed from a Snapchat group, which is unfortunate.
For those who don’t want to deal with a more time-consuming approach, you can just ghost the person you wish to remove.
Ghosting is the practice of ignoring a member’s existence in a group and failing to react to any of the member’s actions.
Snapchat groups are a fantastic way to interact with friends.
However, the lack of a removal feature in Snapchat groups makes it difficult to kick out unwelcome members.
However, now that you know some easy alternatives, you can quickly resolve the issue.
- How To See Who Follows You On Snapchat
- Easy Way To Automatically Save Snapchat Stories
- How To Allow Camera Access On Snapchat (Tips and Tricks)
- How to Recover My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat