Snapchat lets you share moments as they are happening. It’s fun, and it connects you to the people around you, but most importantly, it makes it easy to share content with your friends and family.
With the app, you can add friends, share videos and images, set up groups, play games with friends, and create engaging videos with the filter features.
You can add friends, share photos and videos, create groups, play games together, and create interesting videos using filters.
The app is constantly changing and improving. These changes are helpful and improve the user experience.
When you first sign up for Snapchat, you will get a welcome message from your friend asking you to add your friends and check your settings.
If you want to know how to see who follows you on Snapchat, then this article will help you get started.
See also: How To Get Verified On Snapchat For Free
Who Are Your Followers on Snapchat?
When you add someone as a friend on Snapchat, you’ll be able to see their stories, updates and content.
Upon adding them to your friend list, they can now see your Snapchat stories and updates. You will also need to add them back.
In the past few years, there have been a number of design changes. You might want to change your account settings to make it easier to see your followers.
How to See Who Follows You on Snapchat
It is important to note that you cannot see who’s following you on Snapchat. However, if you see a number next to a user’s username, that means the person is following you.
If you can’t find the number next to a user’s name, that means the person is not following you.
If you aren’t a mutual friend, you won’t be able to see their Snap score. Rather, you’ll only see an empty space close to their username.
Other Ways to See Who Follows You on Snapchat
Proceed to open your Snapchat profile and find the “Added Me” option. Click on your username at the top of your screen. Then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the “Add me” button.
The most recent people you’ve talked to are shown first, based on your past conversations, snap streaks, and interactions with other profiles.
The most talked-about profiles are listed at the top, while the least talked-about profiles are listed at the bottom.
You can also use the filters to search for specific profiles. You can search for a specific profile by selecting their name, or if you know their username, you can select that instead.
This implies that the user is yet to add you as a friend on their list and has yet to follow you.
How to Unfollow Someone on Snapchat
Sometimes, we may wish to unfollow someone on Snapchat. It may either be for personal reasons or even moral. Whatever the case, Snapchat allows you to easily unfollow anyone.
How to Unfollow Someone on Snapchat via iOS devices.
Below are the steps involved in removing someone from your follower list on Snapchat using an iOS device:
- Access the Snapchat app on your iOS device.
- Select the discover icon and navigate to the upper left corner, and hit the profile icon.
- From the list of options, choose My Friends.
- Select the person you wish to remove.
- Tap and hold the username of the person. A box will pop up. Select the Manage Friendship option.
- Tap remove.
How to Unfollow Someone on Snapchat on Android
Below are the steps involved in removing someone from your follow list on your Android device:
- Access the Snapchat app on your Android device.
- Tap the Discover icon.
- Navigate to the upper left corner and select the profile icon.
- You will see a “Friends” section. Select it.
- Find the person you wish to unfollow and select their profile.
- Tap on the “…” button on the profile.
- On the menu, tap the Manage Friendship option.
- Tap Remove Friend from the list of options.
- As you have seen, it is very simple to remove someone from your follow list on Snapchat using your mobile device.
How Do I Block a Friend on Snapchat?
If you want to prevent your friend from seeing your story or sending you snaps, you can use the block feature.
If they are blocked, they will be restricted from communicating with you through any means on the platform.
There are two easy ways you can block anyone on Snapchat without their knowledge:
The first is to use the friend list.
- Navigate to the upper right corner and tap the profile icon. Locate and select the Friends section. Select My Friends, and a list of your entire Snapchat friends will be shown to you.
- Find the friend you wish to block and press hold on the username.
- Next, Select “More.”
- Tap the Block option.
- A box will pop up requesting you to confirm your choice to block the user. Select Block.
The second method is to use the chats section.
- Swipe your screen to the right to access the chat screen.
- Next, select the username of the person you wish to block.
- Then navigate to the chat window and select their profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Find the “…” button in the top corner of the screen and select it.
- Choose Block to block the person.
- You will see a confirmation box. Select Block to finalize the process.
How Do I Unblock a Friend On Snapchat
If you have a change of heart and wish to remain friends with someone you recently blocked, you can unblock them.
Unblocking a friend will allow him to access your Stories and interact with you via chats & snaps.
Here’s how to unblock a friend:
- Navigate to the top left corner and tap on the profile icon.
- Select Settings.
- Locate the Blocked option in the lower section.
- Select the cross button next to the friend’s name you wish to unblock.
- A pop-up box will appear, requesting you to confirm your action. Select Yes to finalize the process.
How to Boost your Snapchat Followers
Create a great Snapchat strategy
If you don’t have a solid marketing plan, it may limit your growth on the Snapchat platform.
Ensure you pay attention to the following:
- Target audience You need to conduct research on your prospective followers on Snapchat and their interests and preferences.
- Brand story Which brand story will grow your audience engagement? You should have a concept woven around a storyline or concept.
- Brand Image Likewise, your Snapchat campaign has to have a cohesive design. Your selection of relevant themes, fonts, concepts, and colors should augment your brand story.
It is very possible that your friends and followers on other social networks will be interested in following you on Snapchat as well.
If you are active on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn and other networks, ensure you include a Snapchat username in your profile section.
To improve the visibility and awareness of your Snapchat page and grow your follower base, you may even need to buy ads on Facebook.
Tell amazing stories
Content is king. Ensure your stories are captivating and appealing, so they are shown in the “For You” section or reposted by your followers.
A good example of a brand that has mastered the storytelling aspect of Snapchat is WWE.
It introduced the WWE show a few months ago, which has had a tremendous impact on its Snapchat followership, boosting it by over 30%.
Here’s what you need to pay attention to while creating stories for Snapchat:
- Use a hook to attract viewers. A good example of hooks is a headline.
- Now that we live in an attention economy with a short attention span, it is wise to keep your videos short.
- Adding music and sound can assist in your video appeal and storytelling.
- Add captions to your content, which will help your video’s comprehensiveness.
- Ensure you use trendy slang and lingo familiar to your audience when necessary.
- Add a poll or quiz to boost your content engagement.
See Who Follows You on Snapchat FAQs
Can I check my Snapchat followers?
While Snapchat will not allow you to check your followers directly, you can easily use the “added me” tool and Snapchat score to tell who your follower is.
Will Snapchat inform me when someone adds me as a friend?
Yes. You will receive a notification whenever anyone adds you as a friend on Snapchat. You can access the notification to find out who has added you or access “Add Friend” to view who is on your friend list.
With this guide, you should be able to find out how to see who follows you on Snapchat.
Don’t hesitate to share this content with your friends and community.
- How To Allow Camera Access On Snapchat (Tips and Tricks)
- How To Automatically Save Snapchat Stories
- Easy Way To Change Your Username On Snapchat
- How To Screenshot On Snapchat Without The Sender Knowing