With over 2.7 billion monthly active users, Facebook is one of the most powerful platforms out there.
However, sometimes users run into trouble trying to post something. The most common error message is the “Message has been temporarily removed” notification.
If you are having issues with this notification on Facebook, you might be wondering what to do.
In this article, I’ll show you how to fix the “message has been temporarily removed” on Facebook.
Why am I Getting Messages Has Been Temporarily Removed on Facebook
If you receive “Message has been temporarily removed because the sender’s account requires verification” on Messenger, it implies that Facebook is trying to protect you from malicious messages.
It is a way of Facebook letting you know that they are handling the issues. This includes hacked Facebook accounts and identity theft.
Perhaps you are seeing this notification from a close friend or relative. Make sure you let them know about this.
In other instances, these messages may be flagged even when the account isn’t compromised.
To restore the messaging feature, you will need to verify your Facebook account.
Importance of Facebook Account Verification
Facebook account verification is a simple and effective way to protect your users against spam.
Verifying your account can prevent users from logging in with a fake email address.
It is an important process to undergo by users. This process allows people to verify that they are who they say they are.
Facebook also offers additional security features, such as two-factor authentication, which requires users to enter a code sent via text message or email.
Hence, if there is suspicion regarding your Facebook account activity, you may be required to carry out some form of identity verification.
You can provide your national identity or international passport to regain access to your Facebook account.
How to Fix Messages Has Been Temporarily Removed on Facebook
Perhaps the message has been temporarily blocked from your end, and then there’s a chance that you can view the recipient’s message.
Below are ways to resolve “Message has been temporarily removed” on Facebook.
Let the Sender Know about the Message Error
It’s possible that the Facebook user is unaware that there’s a limit placed on their Messenger.
If they are required to verify their Facebook account, once that process is completed, you can access the sent messages.
The Facebook Messenger ban may not be lifted if the user fails to provide a valid form of identification.
Request the User to Resend the Message on Other Channels
There are thousands of other messaging apps besides Messenger.
Using other platforms helps avoid problems like this. Then go back to Facebook once the challenge has been fixed.
See Also: How to Verify a Facebook Account
Steps to Take if the Sender did not Send the Removed Message
If the sender of the messages confirms that they never sent you a message, it could be a sign that the Facebook account has been hacked.
Below are the steps to take:
Report the Account to Facebook
If you’re sure that your Facebook friend did not send the message, the first step to take is to report the account.
This will ensure that the hackers do not extort people.
To report an account to Facebook in your browser, tap on the account to report it directly to Facebook.
However, if you’re using the Messenger app, click View Account on the compromised Facebook account to report it.
Secure Your Facebook Account
If your friend’s account has been hacked, the chances that your account is at risk are very high. Hence, taking steps to secure it is very important.
One of the steps to take is to set up 2 Factor Authentication for your account.
With the 2FA, it places your Facebook account on a higher level of security as no one will be able to get into your account without your approval
3 Ways to Prevent the “Message Has Been Temporarily Removed on Facebook” Error
Here are the things you must pay attention to when sending messages on Facebook.
By using the strategy listed below, you will avoid getting hit by the “Message Has Been Temporarily Removed on Facebook” error.
This particularly happens because Facebook wants to prevent spamming and other infractions.
Only Send Messages to a Limited Number of People
There is a quote that says, “less is more.” This applies to this strategy. Experts recommend you only send messages to three to five people at once.
After reaching that limit, log off or wait for a minimum of thirty minutes before sending messages to another set of friends.
Tailor Your Messages
This rule is relevant when you are sending promotional messages such as product advertisements.
Sending the exact message repeatedly can lead to the “Message Has Been Temporarily Removed on Facebook” error. So make sure you invest your time tailoring each message you wish to send.
Experts have advised that instead of copying/pasting the same messages to your followers or friends, personalize your texts.
While it is time-consuming, it will prevent Facebook from restricting your account.
In addition to that, it will assist you to understand that you can always connect and improve your relationship with your customer base because they are real people.
So try your best to treat your followers and friends as “real people.”
You can start by stating who you are, thank your friends/followers for “liking” or being interested in your page, and enquire about their well-being.
Then personalize a promotional message that matches their response. Lastly, complete the interaction with a polite “thank you very much.” This will be adequate.
Tailoring or personalizing your messages helps businesses stay abreast of the number of messages sent and the timeliness of their response.
So ensure you make the effort to state who you are, find out about their well-being and show appreciation to your friends and followers.
This will reduce the likelihood of your messages being temporarily removed.
Broaden Your Messaging Horizons
Did you know that you can reach your Facebook friends using other avenues? Some examples are email addresses and other social media platforms.
If you have surpassed your daily message limit, visit other social media platforms that your friends have accounts on.
When you send them messages, ensure you tailor them and be mindful of the daily quota.
Other Ways to Prevent Temporary Ban on your Facebook Account
- Invest time in carefully building a community of friends on Facebook. Seek quality over quantity. Facebook has a friend limit of 5,000, and you risk getting a ban with too many friends. So pay attention to the number of friends requests you accept.
- Do not send requests to over 20 Facebook users at a time. Furthermore, ensure you diversify your friend request messages. It revolves around tailoring your messages. Facebook has implemented these policies to safeguard the platform from spammers, fraudsters and other malicious actors.
- Have an opt-in email tool. Set up an email list to protect your database. You can add the link to your profile page.
- Build your Facebook page. Make Facebook a central part of your marketing strategy or engagement tool. Avoid investing all your time in one social networking site. Grow your fan base on Twitter, TikTok and Pinterest. As mentioned in the section “Broaden your messaging horizon”, there are numerous avenues for interacting with your friends.
- Don’t forget that there is a life away from Facebook. Everyone can’t enjoy super-fast internet access or broadband data connection. Request their mobile number, contact them directly and interact with them. Add their physical addresses to your mailing list. While noted for its snail speed, mailing still has some benefits today. Handwritten letters remain among the most interesting, valuable and unique ways of communication. Get in touch with them. If you have a Facebook friend who resides nearby and wishes to talk to you. Pay them a visit and interact. You can stroll to save gas and be in good shape. Taking a break from Facebook in this way can do wonders for your mental health.
Interacting with your Facebook friends can have plenty of benefits, but it comes with the risk of getting your account banned or temporarily restricted.
But paying attention to these guidelines and strategies will help you find incredible success in Facebook engagement for your personal life and business.
This will assist you in connecting with your friends, followers and fans.
One way Facebook protects other users from hackers is by temporarily deleting messages while waiting for account verification.
However, if the Messenger has been flagged incorrectly, once a valid means of identification is provided for verification, the “Message temporarily removed as the sender requires verification” will be fixed.
- How to Report Facebook Login Issues
- Received Text From 32665? Steps to Take
- How to Fix a Disabled Facebook Ad Account
- What To Do If Someone Posted Your Picture On Facebook Without Permission
- What is DM on Facebook?