So you’ve started your niche website or blog – and you are thinking of how to monetize your blog from day 1, and now considering Ezoic Vs AdSense?
Achieving a successful blogging career or as a side hustle demands deploying the right tools that help scale your effort.
When starting your blogging journey to monetization, you would get caught up with what ways to get the most from blogging.
Google AdSense is usually the first point of call, but is it really the best?
Ezoic, Mediavine, and AdThrive are some of the Google premium certified publishing partners that only accept a limited number of qualified publishers that meets their criteria and help them increase their blog earnings over time.
When it comes to increasing AdSense earnings, Ezoic stands out with low publisher requirements and a high acceptance rate.
Here’s is a comprehensive Ezoic vs AdSense review relative to earnings, personalization, user experience, performance and support.
So, let’s take deeper dive into these two platforms so that you can make the perfect monetization choice for your blog.
Ezoic is an AI-based advertisement platform and a Google AdSense Certified Partner, that uses AdSense ad inventory. It claims to use state-of-the-art machine learning technology to boost revenue and user experience.
- 1 What is Ezoic?
- 2 What is Google AdSense?
- 3 Ezoic vs AdSense Review
- 4 Ezoic vs AdSense Comparison
- 5 Ezoic vs AdSense Earnings
- 6 Ezoic vs AdSense Dashboard
- 7 Ezoic vs AdSense Ad Placement Control
- 8 Ezoic vs AdSense Speed
- 9 Ezoic vs AdSense Integration
- 10 Ezoic vs AdSense Customer Support
- 11 Ezoic vs AdSense Publisher Requirements
- 12 Ezoic vs AdSense Payments Methods
- 13 What is Ezoic Premium
- 14 What are the Benefits of Ezoic’s Premium Ads?
- 15 Ezoic Level-Up Learning Program
- 16 Can I use Ezoic Without AdSense?
- 17 FAQs on Ezoic vs AdSense Review
- 18 Conclusion
What is Ezoic?
Ezoic is an AI system that allows publishers to test, learn and optimize their advertisement placement, experience and size.
They are Google Premium Certified Publisher Partners that accepts publishers of all sizes and help website owners increase their revenue and overall user experience on the website.
It is important to note that Ezoic is not an Ad Network but an ad management network – which runs multiple placeholder combinations to determine the best ad placement that improves website earnings, site speed as well as user experience.
In June 2021, Ezoic announced the removal of the 10,000 pageviews eligibility requirements to join as a publisher through the Ezoic Access Now Program. Hence, irrespective of your pageview size, you can now become an Ezoic publisher partner.
=> Join Ezoic Access Now.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is a systemized advertising program run by Google that allows publishers and website owners in Google Network to display ads targeted to sites content and audience through text, video and images.
The AdSense program is managed by Google – with the aim of promoting targeting and personalized ads to website visitors who come to your website to consume content.
It is the most popular and the go-to display advertising platform for beginners and accepts publishers that meet the Google AdSense eligibility requirements.
Without further ado, let us look into the major differences between Ezoic and Google AdSense – to determine the best option for your blog – as well as determine which of these should be in your portfolio.
Ezoic vs AdSense Review
We started out with AdSense on our site before we migrated to Ezoic. Right here, we will show you the earnings with AdSense only before using Ezoic and after we started using Ezoic.
So here is the January 1st-31th, 2021 period when we were on AdSense 100%
With 7,830 pageviews, we earned $15.08 using Google AdSense, with RPM = $1.93 only which is very low.
On 11th June 2021 switched from AdSense to Ezoic and our earnings in the first month was $117.94 with an RPM (EMPV – Ezoic Term) = $7.24.
That’s a 275.13% EMPV or RPM increase from AdSense.
After five months of using Ezoic, the AI has been able to increase our EMPV or RPM and site traffic also, from $7.24 to $11.62 (60.50% increase).
With Ezoic, we have not only increased the blog revenue but have also been able to boost the site traffic by more than 100%.
Ezoic vs AdSense Comparison
|About Platform||AI Technolgy||Ad Network|
|Terms||30 Days||30 Days|
|Dedicated Publisher Success Manager||Yes||No|
|Payment Method||Direct bank transfer, (Payoneer), PayPal, Check||Check, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), EFT via Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), Rapida, Wire Transfer.|
|Payout Time||Between the 27th and 31st||Between the 21st and the 26th|
|Level Up Training||Yes||No|
Ezoic vs AdSense Earnings
Ezoic has a system designed to increase the earnings of your website by over 300% from your previous site’s ad partner.
That might seem like overpromising but Ezoic’s artificial intelligence technology is the assurance here.
With AdSense A/B testing that is simple and easy to implement as a publisher, you risk the chances of losing out a huge chunk of your potential earnings.
This segmentation forces you to ignore a valuable portion of your website audience.
A more detailed test will require more time to get results. Here’s where Ezoic technology is the game-changer.
The Ezoic intelligent technology uses AI algorithms to test several thousands of ad placement combinations and decide what your website visitors are likely to click.
What normally will take weeks to months to evaluate, Ezoic technology can complete it in a split of the time.
The Ezoic AI is designed to optimize your layout and ad placement to build a more satisfying user experience. This translates to higher EMPV, CTR and CPC.
There are lots of success stories from publishers who have increased their revenue and traffic a few months after joining Ezoic.
Ezoic vs AdSense Dashboard
The dashboard for Ezoic and AdSense are unique and designed to meet the goal of user-friendliness.
The AdSense dashboard is segmented into 10 main sections:
- Home – Provides an overview of your AdSense performance and earnings (Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Balance)
- Ads – Where you create, manage and set up your ads
- Sites – This allows you to add, remove and manage the sites that you use with your AdSense account.
- Privacy & Messaging – This allows you to manage your privacy settings as well GDPR & CCPA consent.
- Blocking Controls – This allows you to control the types of ads on your website as well as ad networks.
- Reports – This offers you analytics on performance and earnings
- Optimization – This Allows you to perform testing (A/B ad tests) with the goal of improving performance
- Payment – This is where you can add a payment method, and see threshold and upcoming payment
- Account – This is where you find your account status and personal information
- Feedback – This is where you report any issue to the AdSense support team
The Ezoic Dashboard is split into 10 main sections:
- Home – Offers you an overview of your site in earnings and performance
- Monetization – This allows you to set up ad tester, Ad.txt, link to your AdSense account, import AdSense data, apply for Google’s Ad Exchange and configure your advertising settings
- Speed – This is the Leap that allows you to optimize and improve your site’s performance and speed for visitors putting the Core web vitals into consideration.
- Video – The tool allows publishers to upload/import, host and monetize their video content (Still in Beta Testing)
- SEO – SEO Tag Tester allows tryout different page titles to determine which improves performance the most
- Privacy – This allows you to configure your privacy settings such as CCPA and GDPR
- Analytics – Ezoic big data analytics provides real-time analytics of your ad performance and historical data.
- Design – The layout tester uses A.I. to test different layouts of your site to improve performance and increase traffic
- Content – This allows you to manage the content settings of your ads
- Settings – This allows you to manage various settings including site integration, optimization goal, DNS settings and more.
- Level – This categorized publisher’s based on site revenue and traffic. Lowest being Access Now and the highest being VIP
The Ezoic dashboard provides several features that help improve site performance and boost the traffic to your website. The Leap feature is the most prominent feature over Google AdSense.
Ezoic vs AdSense Ad Placement Control
AdSense offers much less control over the ad placement on your website. Besides the block and control feature that allows you to block certain advertised URLs and ad networks, AdSense is limited in ad placement personalization and customization.
Ezoic however, allows publishers to place ads where they choose to as placeholders. The placeholders are possible ad spots on your website. Then the AI will test thousands of combinations to find out which placement is best in terms of revenue and user experience.
Ezoic chrome extension and Ezoic ad plugin allow users to create ad placeholders on their site with ease.
The Ezoic technology is intelligent and continuously test to improve website performance.
Ezoic vs AdSense Speed
Adsense has a number of tools and features aimed at improving speed and performance. AdSense’s auto ads feature allows you to customize the number of ads per page.
Also, running experiments can even improve your site performance and boost speed.
On the other hand, Ezoic’s Leap can considerably optimize the speed of your site. The Leap replaces the need for speed optimization plugins like WProcket, Lite Speed Caching, Nitropack and saves you the cost as well.
Ezoic Leap provides you with all the features and tools you would need to optimize your site speed in a single place.
It automatically executes Critical CSS, Minify, Lazy loading images, Ad delay, and much more.
Ezoic vs AdSense Integration
AdSense account set up only requires you to create an AdSense account and connect your site to it. Afterwards, you are required to copy and paste the AdSense code into the header of your site to get started.
It will take about 2 weeks to have your application reviewed. If your website meets AdSense eligibility, your site will be approved and can start displaying ads on your site.
Integrating your site with Ezoic can be done in three ways, cloud integration, nameserver integration or WordPress plugin. It is recommended to use cloud integration as it is the most popular, easy, and secure way of integration.
This can be done by linking your existing Cloudflare account or simply pointing your nameserver to Ezoic’s.
Ezoic being a certified Google partner allows publishers to link an existing AdSense account to Ezoic via the mediation app. This is a great way to increase your earnings as AdSense ad competes with Ezoic in biding.
Ezoic vs AdSense Customer Support
AdSense and Ezoic have an efficient support team including a help center with knowledge base articles, troubleshooting tips. AdSense has a contact option that helps identify issues with your account and respond via email within 2 business days.
Ezoic also has a contact option just like AdSense. Additionally, they have channels that support publishers. For example, if you are in the Access Now Program, you have access to Twist. Perhaps you are in Level 2 upwards, you have a dedicated publisher manager.
You can also reach out to the support team via live chat or by submitting a ticket for a comprehensive query.
Ezoic vs AdSense Publisher Requirements
Google accepts publishers to participate in the program as long as your site is in compliance with the AdSense Program policies and you must be at least 18 years of age. You must have a Google account to be able to signup for the AdSense program.
Before now, to get accepted into Ezoic, you need to have at least 10,000 monthly page views. With the introduction of the Access Now Program, the platform no longer requires at least 10,000 page views per month on your site.
With this new program, smaller publishers are now accepted into the program with a key focus on education, monetization and site growth.
Ezoic vs AdSense Payments Methods
The available payment options on Google AdSense include:
- Wire Transfer
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- EFT via Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
AdSense has a monthly payment cycle as long as you meet the threshold based on your region and currency.
The available payment options Ezoic include:
- International Wire Transfer via Payoneer
- Direct Deposit
What is Ezoic Premium
Ezoic premium is an invite-only program for publishers that qualifies for it.
Ezoic premium helps publishers to earn more by accessing high paying ads. These high paying ads are from pre-negotiated deals between Ezoic and specific advertisers who have a unique interest in certain publisher traffic.
These advertisers are large household names.
The Ezoic premium is a pay to play system.
You have to pay upfront to have premium ads show up on your site. With Ezoic premium is a win-win as you will get back the investment and also profit from it as well.
The invite comes with a 14-days free trial. After the trial, you can choose to accept or decline.
What are the Benefits of Ezoic’s Premium Ads?
The benefits of Ezoic premium ads include the following:
- Increase the possibility of profiting from paid traffic
- API access and priority reporting (access to date 24 hours before regular users)
- Optional quarterly site review/expert session with a dedicated account manager
- Premium advertiser reports
FAQs on Ezoic vs AdSense Review
How Much Money Can You Make with Ezoic?
With Ezoic, you can earn from $3.00 per 1ooo pageviews (EPMV) to over $99.00 per 1000 pageviews. The Ezoic AI takes about 12 weeks to fully optimize your ads for maximum earns and a good user experience. You earn more if your traffic is from tier 1 countries like the US, UK, Canada, Australia etc.
Does Ezoic Pay More Than Adsense?
Ezoic being a premium network makes more money than AdSense. With the no page view eligibility requirements, even smaller sites have the opportunity to earn more money with their site.
How Much Does AdSense Pay Per 1000 Views?
Google AdSense uses a cost per click system and therefore the earnings you make depend entirely on the CPC rates determined by the advertisers.
Is Google AdSense a Requirement to Join Ezoic Monetization?
Ezoic being a Google Certified Partner requires every site. to be in compliance with Google Ads Policies.
How Much does Ezoic Cost?
Ezoic is totally free. There is no cost to use Ezoic as it pays for itself. With Ezoic, you are sure to make 50-300% more income than other ad networks.
From this Ezoic vs AdSense review, you can essentially see that Ezoic is the winner here. However, this does not in any way signify that Google AdSense is a bad advertising network.
With Ezoic AI technology that automates ad optimization, you can be sure to earn more and boost your website traffic.