As a freelancer, you might own different freelancing accounts which can evolve to a place where you no longer need one.
As an entrepreneur in the digital space who owns a Fiverr account and wishes to delete it, you will find a guide on how to go about it here.
Freelancing, a term that became more dominant in this twenty-first century has found its place in the hearts of many individuals all over the world.
Those individuals who choose not to be affiliated with any company or organization are known as freelancers.
However, based on the peculiarity of the title – freelancing, getting a job as a freelancer should not be a big source of concern.
The digital space has made provisions to suit this need through the creation of different apps that offers quick jobs (which are popularly known as gigs) to skilled freelancers.
One of the apps that have been of immense benefit to freelancers all over the world is the app called Fiverr.
Fiverr is the world’s largest marketplace for services encompassing the digital space.
This is a space where organizations, companies, or individuals have the liberty to peruse through the list of freelancers, and then pick the one that looks fit to take on the task they have to offer.
This is also a space where freelancers get quick jobs for the services they offer.
In summary, Fiverr has a lot of services to offer its users (both the ones offering services and the ones in need of service). You can call Fiverr a haven for both freelancers and those in need of a freelancer.
However, despite all the amazing features of Fiverr, a user has the right to delete his or her account due to reasons best known to them.
If this is the case, a provision has been made by the operators of Fiverr to ensure the successful deleting of the user account. The details that encompass the steps to take would be explained below.
See Also: LinkedIn Marketplace Vs Fiverr – Which is Best for You?
How to Delete a Fiverr Account
As earlier stated, the operators of Fiverr have been able to come up with easy steps that would aid in the smooth deleting of a user account when they dim fit.
There are two ways in which an account can be deleted from Fiverr. They are:
- Deleting a Fiverr account through a website.
- Deleting a Fiverr account through an email.
How to Delete a Fiverr Account via Website
Outlined below are the steps to follow to have your Fiverr account deleted.
- Login to your account. This could work with your phone, computer, or tablet.
- Click on your profile photo at the top right corner (that is if you have uploaded one). If you don’t have a profile photo, you would see your first initials. Click on it.
- Then click on Settings.
- Tap on the select account then moves down to the account deactivation section.
- Choose the reason why you want your account deleted permanently.
- Then click on the green Deactivate button. After a while, you would receive a confirmation message indicating that your account has been closed.
- Once you have done this, you would realize that some of your information are still on the Fiverr site and it would remain there if you do not ask the Fiverr support team to delete them.
- To remove this information, send your request to [email protected] Your message should include your username, your phone number, your email address, and the text saying, “I have deactivated my Fiverr account, please delete all other information about me permanently.”
How to Delete a Fiverr Account via an Email
Your Fiverr account can be deleted by sending an email to the company, requesting them to delete your account from their database.
The steps to deleting a fiver account through an email include:
- Open your registered account.
- Click on compose a message.
- Compose a message that would be sent to [email protected]
- The subject should be titled, “REQUEST TO HAVE MY ACCOUNT DELETED.”
- Now compose the body of the email stating clearly that you want your account to be deleted.
- Then send.
Note that once an account has been deleted, the account’s profile would not be visible anymore and then, a reactivation of the account again would not be possible.
That is to say that the process of deleting your account is permanent and can not be reversed. Hence, the need to ensure that all files that would be needed
Also, it is important to note that Fiverr is an iOS app, and for you to be able to delete your Fiverr account it has to be done through a desktop browser.
See Also: How To Get Jobs On Upwork With No Experience
How to Delete a Fiverr Account FAQs
How Do I Deactivate My Fiverr Account
To deactivate your Fiverr account, the following steps are required:
- Ensure you are logged into your account.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Go to My Settings.
- Then click on Account Deactivation.
- From the list of reasons given for the deactivation of your account, Choose one of the reasons, and then click on Deactivate account.
- After a while, you would receive a confirmation message.
Please note that an account that has been deactivated from Fiverr can also be reactivated back.
This is because an account must have been deactivated for temporary reasons, and there is every possibility that the user of that account may want to reactivate it back.
Simply put, the deactivation of an account is merely temporary while deleting your Fiverr account is permanent.
What Happens When I Deactivate My Fiverr Account
When you deactivate your Fiverr account, your account would be closed. But your information would still be available on Fiverr.
Information like; feedback comments, your pictures, messages, etc.
Does Deactivating My Fiverr Account Automatically Deletes It
Deactivating a Fiverr account does not automatically delete it. You have to follow through with the process of deleting the account before it permanently gets deleted.
See Also: How to Get Digital Marketing Jobs With No Experience
Why Am I Restricted From Deleting My Fiverr Account
It has been noted that people struggle to have their accounts deleted.
This should not be the case because Fiverr operators have ensured that the process of having your account deleted is not as rigorous as it used to be.
So why then do people still encounter restrictions when it comes to deleting their accounts?
The major reason why people encounter certain restrictions while trying to delete their Fiverr account is that they most often than not still have available funds in their Fiverr Balance or Earned Revenues.
For a user to be able to delete their account, there is the need to ensure that the funds in that account have been withdrawn or refunded.
Another reason why you would encounter some restrictions while deleting your account is that you still have pending offers or gigs that have not been reviewed.
Do well to review all offers and ensure that every pending deal on your account is sorted out.
Can I Delete My Fiverr Account And Make a New One?
Yes, you can. But it is important to note that when an account has been deleted, the user name and the email address used to open the deleted account cannot be used to open a new account.
So, it is advisable, that before you delete your Fiverr account, ensure you change the username and the email address to something else, to enable you to use the same username and email address for the new account.
Deleting or closing a Fiverr account years back used to be a very difficult task.
Emails would be sent to the support team for several weeks or even months before the account would be deleted.
But with the advent of time, Fiverr operators have been able to ensure that users can delete their accounts anytime they want to without experiencing any difficulty through the website or email means.