In a consistently evolving digital world such as ours, job seeking is no longer as cumbersome as it used to be, there are newer opportunities that are opened on a daily basis.
These opportunities are enabled by different platforms. One of these platforms is Indeed.
Indeed.com a worldwide website, is a free service platform for job seekers. Indeed bridges the gap between employers and job seekers and simplifies the process of seeking and getting jobs, making an easy and possible way for job seekers to land their desired job.
To apply for jobs, first of all, you need a profile on the indeed platform, so you need to create an account.
You can also follow up and keep track of your application, interview calls, and shortlisted jobs on your profile.
By reading this article, you probably have secured yourself your dream job and no longer have need of your Indeed account and therefore wish to delete it.
Congratulations! Or if some other reason is prompting you to delete your Indeed account.
Either way, you are right on track, keep reading.
Be informed, however, that this process is irreversible, but you can set your resume to private instead so that your information is not searchable on Indeed.
However, if you decide to still delete your account on Indeed, this article will show you how to delete your indeed account using the Indeed website or your mobile app.
See Also: How to Add Promotion on LinkedIn Profile
How to Delete Indeed Account Using the Website
- Click on indeed.com to open the website and log in to your account.
- On the top right, click on the profile icon or your email.
- Select ‘my account’ on the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click on ‘close my account’ and state a reason for closing your Indeed account. A pop-up window will appear, with a notification about the implication of what you are about to do. Carefully read the information on the pop-up window.
- Click ‘ok’ to confirm and finish deleting your account.
How to Delete an Indeed Account Using the Mobile Application
If you are using the mobile app on your android or iOS device, the following steps are for you.
- Click on the Indeed app on your mobile device to open it.
- Scroll down and click on the profile icon or email.
- Open your account setting and click on ‘close my account’. Immediately a pop-up window appears and carefully read the information.
- Click ‘yes’ to confirm and complete deletion.
Note: A verification email is sent to you from Indeed administrators asking you to verify whether or not you were the one that attempted deleting this account. After verifying this email, click ‘ok’ to complete the deletion.
Deleting Your Indeed Employer Account
As an employer, you may want to delete your employer account, however, you have three options:
Ensure you have completed these steps before deleting your Indeed employer account.
Remove Job Budget
To remove your job budget on Indeed, follow these steps
- Click on employers.indeed.com.
- On your dashboard, click on ‘jobs’ on the top right of your screen.
- Click on the job you posted and select manage a budget.
- Click on ‘remove budget’
Pause a Sponsored Job
To pause or close a sponsored job, follow these steps
- Click on employers.indeed.com to log in to your account.
- On your dashboard, click on ‘jobs’ in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the job you posted and select to open it.
- Select ‘pause ’ or close from the drop-down menu
Cancel Resume Subscription
- Click on resumes.indeed.com to log in to your account.
- Locate and click on ‘subscription management’ on the top right corner of your screen.
- Locate and select the three dots on the top right.
- Click on ‘cancel selection’ from the drop-down menu.
- Confirm and continue cancelling.
See Also: How to Recover LinkedIn Deleted Messages
Completely Delete Employer Account on Indeed
On completion of these steps, if you wish to proceed with total deletion of your employer account, follow these steps:
- Go to the Indeed home page and log in to your account
- Click on settings or the gear icon, after the page loads, you are presented with options to manage your account, device management, and privacy setting.
- Select the privacy setting, and scroll down.
- Read the information on the pop-up window and follow the prompts to delete your indeed account
Verify your email and finalize the process.
Deleting your Indeed account is a big decision and should be carefully considered before proceeding.
You will lose a lot of important data and information when you decide to delete your account.
Therefore you must take note of certain things before proceeding.
Note that, you will lose all your job listings and applications so far and will not receive any updates about the jobs you have applied to.
Also, employers will not be able to contact you regarding jobs.
How to Delete Indeed Account FAQs
Can I recover my account after deleting it?
Please note that deleting your account is an irreversible process and cannot be undone
If I delete my account can I use the same email to create a new account?
Yes, you can. If you wish to sign up again, you can create a new account with the same email address or you can use a different email address.
However, you should note that you do not have access to data and information from your previous account.
What happens to my resume when I delete my account?
After deleting your account, your resume will no longer be visible or searchable to employers. Your information will be deleted from the database.
Can I just turn off my alerts without deleting my account completely?
Yes, you can pause your alerts instead. Set your profile on private mode, that way you will not be visible to anyone, only you can access your data and use it.
Open ‘my subscriptions page’ and choose pause on any alert you have on your profile. Do so for all email alerts.
How can I make my resume private?
If you do not intend to use Indeed for a while, you can set your account to private by changing the privacy settings, this way you can still use the resume for other jobs.
Here’s how to make your resume private
- Log in to your account
- Click on resume
- You will see the option to turn your visibility settings to public or private
- Click on private and your resume is automatically set to private.
An alternative to deleting your account on Indeed if you need a break is to cancel job alert emails.
To do this, open any of the email alerts you received, and click the option unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
By doing this, you stop receiving emails from Indeed.
While still considering if you should delete your account or not, keep in mind all the things that would happen when you delete your account and the alternatives there are to deleting your account.
You have the option to put your alerts on temporary hold or change the privacy settings to your profile so your information isn’t visible.
If you still want to delete your indeed account, then follow the steps above.
We hope this article was helpful enough.