Last updated on November 15th, 2022 at 04:22 pm
TikTok is easily the most engaging social media platform on the internet. With over 500 million daily active users, it’s a fantastic spot to build your profile as an influencer or online personality.
If your videos are gaining traction on TikTok, you might want to upload them to Instagram or Facebook reels as a promotional strategy.
However, you may have noticed that when you download a TikTok video, it comes with a watermark. This is enough to upset you, especially when it conceals some significant area of the video.
The good news is that there are plenty of methods you can use to save a TikTok video without a watermark.
We assure you that you don’t need to be a video editing professional to use the methods outlined in this article.
What is TikTok Watermark?
TikTok watermark is the logo overlay at the top or bottom of the video. The aim of the watermark is to prevent unauthorized reposts.
It is a way of showing off the source of the video clearly.
In every TikTok video, you’ll see a logo watermark that also contains the username of the owner of the post.
At this point, we want to make it clear that it is wrong to upload content without giving the owner credit. This amounts to content theft and is likely to snowball into a big scandal.
Thus, the techniques below are for video creators who wish to repost their TikTok videos.
In every TikTok video, there is usually a logo watermark that floats around throughout the duration of the video run. This further complicates the issue of removing it.
Ways to Download TikTok Videos Without the Watermark
We will explore the four best ways to save TikTok videos without a watermark. These methods are effective for both iOS and Android smartphones. They include:
- Crop the watermark from the video
- Use a watermark removal app.
- Use video editing tools.
- Download the video with no watermark
Crop the Watermark From the Video
This is the easiest method. Note that this will tamper with the aspect ratio of the video.
If you plan to repost on another social site that has a similar video spec as TikTok, there will be a black border around the video.
This method may be ineffective for some videos. You may eventually crop out your face from the clip.
You will need to use another method if there are critical elements at the borders or boundaries of your video.
Use a TikTok Watermark Removal App
A lot of watermark removal apps exist on Google Play Store and Apple App Store. You can use any of them to get rid of the TikTok watermark.
You can upload the video and erase the watermark via these tools.
Use Video Editing Tools
Another method is to use any effective video editing tool. You can use pixels from nearby areas to embed the watermark.
There’s also the option to “paint” graphics over the watermark.
The fourth option is to download the video without watermark. This is the best method because you will totally avoid the watermark.
Let’s intricately analyze these methods and their effectiveness on your smartphone.
Before we remove the TikTok watermark on your smartphone, we need to show you an easy and quick way to download TikTok videos.
This is the first step before any removal takes place.
- Select the share button (the point-down arrow underneath “like” and “comment”) You will find a series of TikTok accounts and some applications you can share the video on.
- Underneath that, on the third line, there’s the “save video” option.
- Select it to download the video to your mobile device.
Crop the Watermark From the TikTok Video
As we earlier explained, this method is the easiest. If you are not concerned about the modified aspect ratio and if most parts of your video are focused on the center.
Here’s how to crop the watermark from your TikTok video:
- The first step is to play the video in your gallery or photo application.
- Tap “Edit” from the upper right, and then select the “Crop” option from the menu listing that will pop up on the screen.
- Use your fingers to pinch and zoom in on the video. This will enable you to modify the size of the video to crop the watermark. Since the watermark floats around, you might have to crop multiple parts of your video.
- Select “Done” to store the edited video.
Ensure you replay your edited video once you have finished cropping to see if the watermark has been removed.
Use a TikTok Watermark Removal App
You will find plenty of mobile apps specially designed for TikTok watermark removal in the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
All you have to do is perform a search with the term “TikTok watermark remover”.
How do you decide which is best?
Before you download them, note that these apps are not authorized by TikTok. Most of them are untrusted tools developed to circumvent the process of watermarking on TikTok.
There’s a likelihood that if TikTok updates its application programming interface (API), these apps will cease to function.
Firstly most of these apps are not effective in removing watermarks on TikTok.
For instance, TokSaver allows you to access an archived catalogue of TikTok videos without saving them on your mobile device.
Also, check out the reviews! As TikTok becomes popular, plenty of companies are sprouting up to cash out from creators who are hoping to become famous.
This has provided an atmosphere for fraudulent businesses to make fake promises.
Lastly, although some of these applications are entirely free to use, they will spam you with adverts. Others have ad-free versions that will require monthly or annual subscription payments.
They can charge around $10 monthly, but the rate is much lower if you purchase an annual subscription plan.
You may benefit from these subscriptions if you often need to get rid of TikTok watermarks in a swift and simple manner.
Some apps, such as TikSave, have a trial membership if you want to first experience the product.
Some of these apps also have other capabilities, such as reposting and chatting. If you need them, you may have to shell out a few more dollars.
After reading those caveats, it’s time to make use of the watermark remover app. The good thing is that they have similar functionality.
We recommend SaverTok since anyone can use it without paying.
- Install the app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Launch the app. You may be required to pay a subscription fee or use a demo version.
- To add a video, copy the link to your desired video from the TikTok app.
- Once done, relaunch the watermark remover app once more. This will instantly upload the video. Select the “Save” button to save the TikTok video without any watermark.
Furthermore, the app may allow you to update or change captions, insert hashtags, and repost the edited video on your TikTok.
Use Video Editing Tools
This method is a bit difficult, and I wouldn’t advise it when you can easily download TikTok videos without a watermark. But we don’t want to hold back any options.
The first step is to look for a watermark remover tool in the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
As we have warned in the previous section, these apps will frustrate you with ads or may charge subscription fees before use.
So before making any payment, go through the reviews and use the demo mode.
For convenience sake, we used the Video Eraser app.
- Upload your TikTok video from your phone’s gallery
- Tap “Remove Watermark” from the menu listing.
- Select the area with the watermark by pinching and dragging. Some apps will permit you to delete one watermark at a particular time. So, you’ll have to remove it in segments since the TikTok watermark floats around.
- Tap “Save”. Next, access the edited video and highlight the area to remove the second watermark.
- Save it once more. The edited video will be stored in your gallery.
Check your work. You will notice a blurry effect from the replacement of the watermark with another pixel from the surrounding areas of the video.
Download the Video With no Watermark
This method helps you download TikTok videos without a watermark. It wouldn’t necessarily require any form of installation.
So, you don’t need to worry about installing 3rd-party tools on your phone as you can easily access them via your web browser.
They have similar functionality. Follow these steps to use any of these web tools:
- From the TikTok app, select any TikTok video you want to save without the watermark.
- Select “share”, and after that “, copy link”.
- Launch the web browser on your mobile device. Access any of these web tools.
- Paste the link to the copied video into the space provided.
- After the video is uploaded and processed, select “Save” to download it to your mobile device in MP4 format.
You can also access these web tools via your PC. Just follow the same steps outlined above to save TikTok videos free of watermark.
These web tools are not authorized or approved by TikTok. So, they may cease to become functional if TikTok updates its interface.
Download a TikTok Video Without the Watermark FAQs
Can I download all TikTok videos?
No. Some TikTok videos may not be downloadable. If their users upload them and do not turn on the “allow save” option.
If you can’t find the “save video” option, it means the TikTok user has disabled the download option for their account.
You can either screen record or use 3rd-party tools to get around this.
Why can’t I save some TikTok videos?
These videos can’t be saved because they are restricted. This means that the video creator has turned off the feature for a particular video.
Can I check who downloaded my TikTok video?
This feature is unavailable. TikTok will not give you a list of users who have downloaded your video.
In this article, we covered the four best methods that can assist you in downloading TikTok videos without the annoying watermark.
Don’t forget to give credit to the video creator if you want to repost a video that is not yours.