Last updated on February 2nd, 2023 at 03:28 pm
Resetting your Twitter password is not meant to be a hard procedure to carry out in your Twitter account but for the absence of your email.
Having your email makes the whole process of resetting your password easier as the link to carry out the reset is forwarded to your email on a normal day.
So, how do you rest your Twitter password without an email?
Find out how to reset your Twitter password without an email by reading through this article.
To own an active account on Twitter, you need a username and a password to log into your account.
For most users who make use of the mobile app to launch into Twitter, the password of the account soon becomes a tool that is not necessary.
The necessity of the password often comes at a moment when the account has to be logged into via the website of the platform.
For whatever reason the password of an account is no longer accessible to its owner, a reset of the password has to be done.
In a situation where you do not have access to the email that was used to open the account, you may feel stuck as you are not certain of what to do.
This is why this post was created; to provide a guide on how to reset your Twitter password without the email.
Want to grow and monetize your Twitter Audience? Get started with any of our recommended tools for free:
How to Reset Twitter Password Without Email
Below are the different ways to reset your Twitter password without the email.
Reset Twitter Password with Phone Number
Though you may have forgotten your password and no longer have access to the email you used in creating your account, you can still reset your password if you have the phone number used in opening the account intact.
Note that this method of resetting your password is only possible if the phone number to be used is only linked to one Twitter account which is the account that you want to reset its password.
A phone number linked to multiple Twitter accounts cannot be used to carry out this procedure.
Note: This can be done on either your phone via your mobile app or website.
Follow the steps below to reset your Twitter password using your phone number.
- Proceed to the Twitter log-in page and select the Forgot password This will take you to the page for a password reset. You can go to this page directly instead of going to the log-in page.
- You will be required to enter the details of your account which include the username, email address and phone number. If you fill in your username accurately, the last two digits of your phone number will be displayed.
- A reset code will be sent to the phone number and you have 60 minutes to make use of the code or else it expires.
- Copy the code sent to you and insert it in the box provided for the code on the page.
- Afterwards, select the Verify
- You can now select the new password option.
- Create a strong password with alphanumeric and symbolic characters.
- You will be required to fill in the new password created twice for confirmation.
- Thereafter, you can log into your account using the new password as the reset is complete.
Reset Twitter Password with Username
It is possible to reset your Twitter password without your email and phone number.
There is the option of making use of your username to request the resetting of your password on Twitter.
Twitter can help you if you have lost access to your phone number and password by allowing you to make use of your account name to reset your account.
Below is how to make use of this option.
- Proceed to the Twitter password reset page or the log-in page and launch the Forgot password
- Type in your Username and launch a search for your account.
- In the space where you are required to fill in your contact details, press the I don’t have access to this info option instead. This will display the Account Access
- For the first box, enter the option of regaining access to your Twitter account and for the second box, enter the I forgot my password
- Select the method you used in signing up for your Twitter account.
- Enter your username again.
- Provide a valid email for you to be contacted by Twitter.
- Provide details on how you lost the contact details you linked your account with if requested.
- You will be contacted by Twitter on what to do.
Reset Twitter Password with Business Mail
If the account whose password you seek to reset is a business account and you have a valid business email, then, you can make use of your business email to reset your Twitter password.
Here is a stepwise guide on how to go about this.
- Go to the official Twitter page so that you can contact Twitter for help with resetting your account.
- Go to the Help centre section to request the kind of help that you need.
- In the help centre, select the option to reset your password.
- When you do this, you will be required to enter an email address and describe your situation.
- Provide your business email address and submit the report.
- You will get a notification via mail that the email address submitted is not linked to your account.
- Send a well-constructed response as to why that is and how you intend to link your business email to the account and reset your password.
- You will get an account update response from Twitter within a few days.
How to Reset Twitter Password Without Email FAQs
What happens when you reset your Twitter password?
When you reset your password, you will be logged out of all your active sessions on Twitter.
All you need to do is to log into your account with the new password you have created and enjoy your time on Twitter.
Can I reset my Twitter password without my email and phone number?
Resetting your password without your email and phone number is possible although it will take you more time to do so.
You can contact the Twitter help centre to navigate through this.
How long do I have to wait to reset my Twitter password?
The length of time it will take to complete the process of resetting your password is dependent on the method you are employing to reset your password.
If you have your email and phone number available and went directly to the login or password reset page, you can have the whole process of resetting your password completed in a couple of minutes.
In a situation where you do not have access to your email and password, the process might take a longer period.
You do not need to worry if you are having issues resetting your password because you no longer have access to the email you used in signing up for your Twitter account.
You have the option of making use of your phone number and getting the needed verification code via an SMS.
With this, you can continue the password reset procedure.
However, the phone number option is only feasible if the phone number is only configured to the Twitter account whose password you wish to reset.
If you own a business account and have a business mail, you can try to reset your password using the business email.
If at any point in time, you feel overwhelmed, simply contact Twitter for help.
- How to Check Twitter Username Availability
- Twitter Private Profile Viewer Online
- How to Unsend Messages on Twitter From Both Sides
- How to Hide My Following List on Twitter
- Can Others See Who I Follow on Twitter?
- How to Unfollow Inactive Twitter Accounts
- How to Find Out What Email is Associated With Twitter Account
- How to See Deleted Twitter Accounts
- How to Downgrade Twitter on iPhone & Android
- How to Fix Twitter login issues (Takes 15 Seconds!)