18 Apr CPA Marketing in Nigeria Made Simple (Beginner’s Guide)
One of the most profitable ways to monetize a niche blog is via CPA marketing. So the world is changing and the trend of making money online is moving very fast. It is very important to follow the trend and be up to speed as it is evolving.
In this article, you will understand what is CPA marketing, how it works in Nigeria and every other part of the world, how CPA marketing is different from affiliate marketing.
Also, you will discover the best CPA niches for beginners, what are the top CPA networks you should join, how to get approved and how to promote CPA offers in Nigeria.
- 1 CPA Marketing Vs. Affiliate Marketing
- 2 CPA Marketing
- 3 Terminologies of CPA Marketing
- 4 Pros and Cons of CPA Marketing
- 5 How CPA Marketing Works!
- 6 Top-Rated CPA Niches in CPA Marketing in Nigeria
- 7 Starting CPA Marketing in Nigeria
- 8 Getting Accepted into a CPA Network
- 9 After a Successful CPA Marketing Application
- 10 How Much Can You Earn With CPA Marketing in Nigeria?
- 11 Top 10 CPA Networks for Beginners in Nigeria
- 12 How To Receive Payment From CPA Networks?
- 13 How to Promote CPA Offer as a Beginner
- 14 Conclusion
CPA Marketing Vs. Affiliate Marketing
Just like starting off Affiliate marketing as a beginner CPA marketing is some worth close but there is a difference between them.
CPA marketing is another cool way to make money online. CPA is a term that stands for Cost per Action. Unlike affiliate marketing that prompts you to sell a product (that is you make sales before you earn), CPA marketing does not prompt you to make sales before you earn.
It is a type of affiliate marketing where you can earn even if you do not strike a deal or sell a product. Yes, you heard me right! You can earn without you striking a deal or selling a product.
You can only get that with CPA marketing. Well, you are in luck today as we would discuss all you need to know about CPA marketing in Nigeria.
Again, CPA stands for Cost per Action but some people prefer to call it Pay Per Lead (PPL). It is an Affiliate marketing model where a commission is paid when a user performs or takes a specific action generated from their CPA links.
These actions may include:
- Sign up form
- Downloading a file
- Submitting CC details
- Submitting an email address.
- Take a survey
What this means is that when some of the above actions are taken, you have generated a lead and the lead conversion translates to cash. The more actions you are able to get, the more lead conversion and more money you earn.
Terminologies of CPA Marketing
Before diving further into CPA marketing it is important to know some of the possible terms you would come across.
Category: This is the niche for which a CPA offers applies (it could be sports, health beauty, fashion, tourism, etc…)
Affiliate Manager: This is the person who manages the affiliate program for the seller or merchant. They are also responsible, engaging with affiliates, recruiting, and generating revenue for the seller or merchant.
Commission: This the payment that an affiliate receives or paid once a successful conversion or sales is achieved. It could be a flat rate or percentage.
Conversion Rate: The conversion rate is the rate in percentage at which a particular action is performed. It can be calculated as the number of successful conversions divided by the total traffic generated.
Contextual Link: The contextual link is simply a text link placed within an affiliate website that has links to the advertiser’s website.
Earnings Per Click (EPC): This is the amount an affiliate earns every time a user clicks on the affiliate link.
Offer Page: This is the webpage on which the user or visitor takes all necessary actions.
Return on Investment (ROI): This is the amount of money or cash made with a campaign. It is usually calculated as the revenue divided by the ad spend, multiplied by 100.
Pros and Cons of CPA Marketing
It is very important to know the pros(advantages) and cons (disadvantages) before starting off any business or venture and CPA marketing is not an exclusion.
- Unlike affiliate marketing, you can still earn and get paid without generating sales.
- There is a lot of CPA offers that are available. Offers that are available across any niche you can think of
- You can start with little or investment upfront.
- As a beginner starting off, it is usually very difficult to get accepted into top CPA networks
- Many of the best CPA offers are only available to top countries like the US.
- You have to be creative as it is a very competitive arena.
How CPA Marketing Works!
CPA marketing works starts off from a merchant or creator submitting their offers to CPA networks and the network promotes the offer through CPA marketers.
They (the network) give the CPA marketers a fixed amount for each action or offer done depending on how much the creator has invested. On your end as a user what you do is very simple.
Firstly you have to apply to a CPA network and then you get approved. After approval, you browse through already existing offers plus new offers and then select an offer that would best suit your interest.
And after you have selected or chosen an offer, you promote it as much as you want to online visitors.
Top-Rated CPA Niches in CPA Marketing in Nigeria
Not all CPA niches are the same. Some have the potential to pay more than others. Having this understanding, you need to find a niche that you can easily promote and at the same time profitable.
Here is the list of top CPA niches.
- Weight loss
- Business opportunity
- Mobile apps
Starting CPA Marketing in Nigeria
Before starting off CPA marketing in Nigeria, you need to understand that having unlimited internet access is a must.
So if you are the type of person that is reluctant about purchasing data, you might find it difficult to succeed in CPA marketing.
You need to see data usage as you would see transportation to an office job.
Also, you can start CPA marketing in Nigeria with either your PC, phone, tablet, or any device with an internet connection.
Before Joining or signing up for CPA marketing networks, you need to do the following:
- Build an affiliate marketing portfolio website on which you would post and track visitors and users that perform actions on the link you are promoting.
- Choose the desired niche that you are confident of succeeding in and soothes your portfolio background. It is advisable to do before choosing which niche to join.
- Sign up with a network. The CPA marketing process would not commence if you do not sign up to a network and get accepted.
Getting Accepted into a CPA Network
This is very important as the whole process of starting CPA marketing in Nigeria may become void and useless if you are not accepted into any CPA network.
Starting off as a beginner to CPA marketing, getting accepted into CPA networks is usually difficult. But if you follow these procedures while filling out your application, it can increase the success rate of your application.
- While filling out your application, be sure to always be honest. Make sure you fill out your real information like your date of birth, address, real name, etc…
- Be sure to fill out how you intend to promote their links and be sure to show that you are certified and would do great in the niche you selected.
- Have a blog or website that you can use as a reference.
- After applying, try to put a call through to them, let them know you have applied this would make them see the eagerness and how serious you are about starting with them.
- After application, there is a chance that you get an invitation for an interview if they pick interest in your application. While at the interview, be sure to be confident during the phases.
After a Successful CPA Marketing Application
After successful acceptance into the network, you will immediately be assigned to a CPA manager. The duty of the CPA manager is to help you hit the ground running with the CPA program.
As part of his role, he would send you notifications of some new offers. Your CPA manager is a key factor in your connection to the network, be sure to make and have a good relationship with him or her.
Be nice, cool, and professional when they reach out to you.
In order to achieve success and stay in business with the network, It is advisable to customize your website or blog in such a way that would soothe the niche of choice which you have chosen to start CPA marketing.
Do well to integrate the link you got from the CPA network into your website or blog. And after all these, you can market as much as you want!.
How Much Can You Earn With CPA Marketing in Nigeria?
The amount of money you earn is dependent on your skill and experience in promoting offers, and also the fixed amount you get from each task completed by users.
Some CPA experts are making $2500+ per day with CPA marketing. With effort and the right skill, you can earn even more.
Top 10 CPA Networks for Beginners in Nigeria
Although like previously stated how difficult it is to get started as a beginner in CPA marketing, there is still good news! Here are some friendly and reliable CPA networks for beginners to get instant approval.
Our advice is to not stick with only one of the networks, but rather get accepted into at least 3 or 4 CPA networks so that you can compare the quality of each offer and the turnover from each.
Here are 10 CPA networks you can join as a beginner in CPA marketing!
- CPA lead
- CPA grip
How To Receive Payment From CPA Networks?
There are several payment options supported by most CPA networks. However, we found Paypal and Direct Bank Transfer very common among all the networks. Also, you can also receive your payment via Payoneer, Skrill, Check, Western Union, etc.
If you are in Nigeria and seeking how to receive payment from CPA marketing, we highly recommend you sign up for a Payoneer account, where you have a virtual bank account under Bank of America.
With this bank account, you can easily get all your affiliate money and payments in Nigeria.
How to Promote CPA Offer as a Beginner
- Join relevant groups and communities in diverse social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, Whatsapp etc. (I made my first ever CPA lead via sharing CPA link in a Facebook group which was a great confidence booster to keep on.
- Create high-quality content and guest post on other niche blogs, Web 2.0 sites, as well as article directories.
- You can create high converting videos and generate leads through video marketing on diverse channels like Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc.
- If you have a blog that suits any offers of CPA networks, then you are at an advantage. You can use your blog to drive action and make money from CPA marketing.
- You can also build an email list to get high-quality leads. There are tons of cheap and affordable email software out there that you can use for this purpose.
- Also, you can build a niche site based on any type of CPA offer and use SEO to rank it to acquire unlimited CPA leads. This can pay really well on a long term basis.
- You can buy native ads and promote your CPA offers without having to build a site.
- Invest in Facebook ads and PPC campaigns. This will bring in significant profit from CPA offers.
You actually can make money online from the comfort of your home with CPA marketing. The most paramount thing is to have quality traffic with the right audience for your CPA offers.
As long as you are doing it right, you are guaranteed to succeed in CPA marketing. Although starting off as a beginner can be cumbersome, it requires your patience, dedication, and determination.
So here you have it! A complete beginner guide to CPA marketing in Nigeria.
Harrison is a Seasoned Digital Marketing Consultant, Tech Enthusiast and Entrepreneur. He has great passion for helping businesses of all sizes to leverage on contemporary digital marketing strategies. He is the digital marketing and growth hack consultant at Primegate Digital, a solution and growth driven digital marketing agency in Lagos, Nigeria that is accelerating digital transformation in Africa.